Chicken egg question

We’ve got some new pullets and been getting several double yokers and a few triple. Wife was making some deviled eggs for supper and got one boiled. She then asked would it hatch two chickens. I had no answer for her. I only let our bantams and game cocks set. Have been around double yokers all my life and never wondered about them hatching.

Anyone know if it’s possible to hatch a double yoker?

A commercial hatcher told me that there’s not enough room in the shell for two chicks to develop. Those eggs sure do eat well though.

I feel you’re backdoor covert bragging asking this question. It’s off putting. There I said it. The others will back me up.

I’m jealous.

i agree with peapod. especially the sneaky garden fresh vegetables conveniently located at the top of the photo

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

yes - I have seen 2 chicks from one egg and both seemed healthy. My dad used to say that we had chickens for 3 reasons - eggs , meat , and to teach us kids how to walk.

quote:
Originally posted by natureboy

yes - I have seen 2 chicks from one egg and both seemed healthy. My dad used to say that we had chickens for 3 reasons - eggs , meat , and to teach us kids how to walk.

My dad said he’s seen them hatch, others say their is not enough room in the shell. Just asking for the wife. :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I feel you’re backdoor covert bragging asking this question. It’s off putting. There I said it. The others will back me up.

I’m jealous.

Pee Pad, not really the bragging type. Unless it’s my Daughter getting teacher of the year, a grandson/daughter being born, watching my son turn into a fine man and father, and my youngest fixing to graduate and begin her teaching career. :smiley:

You and the mechanic have an open invitation to look at my kitchen counter any time. As long as we have produce in the garden She’ll have the counters full. Right now it’s bell peppers, jalapenos, habanero, and Tomatoes. I’ve cut the corn, squash, cucumber, kale under. Only thing until I start the fall garden is some watermelon, cantaloupe, and field peas. I’ll even fix a drink for us. The eggs are from a new batch of layers, the old ones are fizzling out. But they have a home for life. I’d be run off if I butchered them.

Oh yea, for a short time Peaches. They went up to Kline and picked some fantastic ones.

a stout drink and a fresh cut peach does sound like a perfect southern summer evening

Proline 201WA

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

a stout drink and a fresh cut peach does sound like a perfect southern summer evening

Proline 201WA

Nailed it