Christmas Fried Turkey?

Try smoking your bird. I did one for Thanksgiving and it was the best bird yet.

A wise man once said “Do as I say not as I do” Good advice when I tell you that.

Aren’t they hard to keep lit:question:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I strain and re-use mine as well. I bought some cone-shaped strainers from the paint store and a new plastic funnel. I saved the plastic gallon-sized containers that the oil came in, and put the cooled oil right back in. Then I store the containers in my basement refrigerator. The oil there now has been used twice; the first time was December 2012. It still smells good. Even if it was a little “off”, it’s going to get heated to 375 degrees. No bacteria can survive that.

Larry, how long do you cook the chickens?

13ft Whaler with 25hp Johnson

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

The only place to fry a turkey is in the car port under the roof, so in case it rains the rain won’t get things wet. Just fire it up and throw the bird in, doesn’t matter if it’s frozen or not! Might just get a little smoke on it that way also :imp: Have you garden hose handy, in case it flares a little:wink: If you don’t have a car port, the garage will work!

quote:
Larry, how long do you cook the chickens?

About 4.5 minutes per pound, I usually cook 2 chickens together at once.

For turkey, 3 minutes a pound.

Capt. Larry Teuton

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry

Aren’t they hard to keep lit:question:

Capt. Larry Teuton

You’re supposed to inject them with lighter fluid and cherry-pipe extract.

… The Cross of Christ is the anvil upon which the hammer of evil wore itself out.

Okay, so no restaurants. Anyone close to Mount Pleasant doing them for Christmas I could stop by? Dont want to spend the money on a cooker plus the oil.

Thanks

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

Bojangles does them up here in MB Area.

Jay
Pheonix 29 Sportfish (Lagniappe)
Shamrock 20 Cuddy (Cuda Catcher)
Key West 1520 Explorer (Baby Boat)

The Mason Jar restaurant on Ashley river Rd …
Check out their FB page…states you can pick up Xmas eve up till 3pm

Thanks capehorn16, I will call them on Wednesday when they open!

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

The oil-less cookers they have out now do a great job on a turkey. Takes a little longer, but you don’t have to buy gallons of oil every year.

A bad day fishing is much better than a good day at work.