Citadel Considers Uniform Exception

Why would you knowingly enroll in a school that has a strict uniform requirement?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/04/14/the-citadel-considers-first-ever-uniform-exception-allowing-a-muslim-hijab/

Just to push an agenda

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

Serious question; is the Citadel a state school, or is it a private institution?

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by tigerfin

Serious question; is the Citadel a state school, or is it a private institution?

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, commonly referred to simply as The Citadel, is a state-supported, comprehensive college located in Charleston, South Carolina, United States. Established in 1842.

so that they can slowly start eroding the fabric of the US. just as they have done in europe.

I say screw em, wear the uniform or go somewhere else.

What I really want to see is a straight person sue Bruce Springsteen for about a million bucks for denial of service. They bought tickets to the show and he cancels for his personal beliefs.

If this happens, you will see one heck of a backlash from alumni.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

The answer is really simple. They should (must) do what the service academies do. The Citadel fought admitting Blacks and women using the same “it’s tradition” argument. They lost!!

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xwd9kbD5vM

RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Too Busy

I say screw em, wear the uniform or go somewhere else.

What I really want to see is a straight person sue Bruce Springsteen for about a million bucks for denial of service. They bought tickets to the show and he cancels for his personal beliefs.

From what I’m hearing, Springsteen’s promoter cancelled due to a lack of interest, and low ticket sales. Springsteen just used the Gay Agenda as an opportunity to save face.

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

When they come for my guns and ammo. I plan on giving them the ammo. first!

You reckon that if admitted she will be exempted from Friday Parade for religious consideration? How about painting an arrow pointing towards Mecca on the quadrangle? Does she get issued an M-14 rifle or an AK-47? I realize that my questions are based on my Western Cultural orientation, and my life long held belief that America is a melting pot and not a file cabinet of separate but equal citizens. I’m sure that there are outstanding institutions with Military orientation in the Middle East. Wasn’t Osama Bin Laden living in a compound down the street from the Pakistan Military Academy? How about Jordan or Saudi Arabia? Those are Middle Eastern counties rich in military tradition, and wealthy to boot. Certainly they have military academy’s to educate and train their future military leaders. As far as I’m concerned, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a freakin’ duck…and this issue is full of duck crap, and political agendas.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

When I was joined the service I didn’t want to shave my head bald, but had to. I also wore the uniform I was told to… with pride.

Everybody is getting the entitlement attitude being taught to our Country from our leaders through the media. People need to learn losers don’t get a trophy and everything is not about self.

Don’t like what the military requires stay away from it. Funny thing for me was religion never really came into it. We trusted in each other and one GOD. and for some no GOD.

I wish all Americans had to serve at least 2 years in defense of our country to become a citizen.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

quote:
Originally posted by marshgrass

The answer is really simple. They should (must) do what the service academies do. The Citadel fought admitting Blacks and women using the same “it’s tradition” argument. They lost!!

Marsha
22 Sea Hunt

What do they do?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by bossdog1

You reckon that if admitted she will be exempted from Friday Parade for religious consideration? How about painting an arrow pointing towards Mecca on the quadrangle? Does she get issued an M-14 rifle or an AK-47? I realize that my questions are based on my Western Cultural orientation, and my life long held belief that America is a melting pot and not a file cabinet of separate but equal citizens. I’m sure that there are outstanding institutions with Military orientation in the Middle East. Wasn’t Osama Bin Laden living in a compound down the street from the Pakistan Military Academy? How about Jordan or Saudi Arabia? Those are Middle Eastern counties rich in military tradition, and wealthy to boot. Certainly they have military academy’s to educate and train their future military leaders. As far as I’m concerned, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a freakin’ duck…and this issue is full of duck crap, and political agendas.

Sol Mate
Mako 20B
225 Optimax

Well said Bossdog1. Why doesn’t our new found Muslim, friend, just come on up to York South Carolina? We already got a Jihadi Training Camp there, and I’m sure she’d enjoy a warm welcome, hajib and all.

http://shoebat.com/2015/08/02/south-carolina-police-and-fbi-care-more-about-the-safety-of-muslims-in-a-town-called-holy-islamville-than-they-care-about-the-islamic-terror-threat-to-christians-in-the-area/

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

When they come for my guns and ammo. I plan on giving them the ammo. first!

I’m a Citadel graduate.

Wearing a hijab / headscarf is a choice some religious females make (Muslims, Amish, etc). Like wearing a yarmulke for Jews. Not all of them do it, there is no religious requirement to do so.

Some choices (attending The Citadel) may conflict with some other choices (wearing a hijab or the full face covering version the niqab).
So, choose one or the other.

BTW, yes The Citadel is a state school. Presently, I believe just 8% of the Citadel’s budget is from SC. We could operate privately but the land/buildings are the problem, buying it from SC at untold hundreds of millions is not feasible.

The Citadel will cave in on this, like everything else. Eventually, there will be a statue of Shannon Faulkner on campus too.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Originally posted by Native_Son

The Citadel will cave in on this, like everything else. Eventually, there will be a statue of Shannon Faulkner on campus too.

Bet it would get pee’d on…

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Can’t they just change their mascot to a Hog or Pig!:wink: All the guys can take turns expressing their female side and use her latrine.