club news

So last weekend I was out fishin’ with Andy and ran into the VP of Lowcountry paddlers, we got to talkin’ and as it turns out there is an off shoot club of Lowcountry called the Pluffmudders forming a yak fishin’ group as well. Maybe if we join forces we could really get this thing going. Possibly hang out as a leg of low country until we are big enough and stable enough to split off and become a separate entity or continue just continue to work w/ Low country as a potiential source of new membership, info and comraderary (no, I can’t spell thank you very much). It just seems to me that both clubs would have a better chance of getting off the ground and being sucessful if we got together.

sounds interesting.heck i cant darn spell either.join the club.these guys really kind of already have a club on here now.3 of us fished today,had a great time,caught fish.im seein alot of posts on here where everybody is invitin others to fish where they are goin.granted its not club meetins and that stuff,but its the important part.catchin fish and learning from each other.i learned more today just observing mudroc and whtz,how they maneuver there boats,etc.plus it was cool havin 3 yaks in one area,and the fish were totally oblivious to it.we caught a trout,spottail and a cobia in one spot,with us maybe 50 feet or so apart.that was cool.anyway,you have people posting when they are fishing,and inviting others.that was what i was hopin for.if a more put together club is in the cards it will happen.im up for whatever myself…im siked right now after today…

ws pamlico 100 and 14 ft canoeyak

“this plastic boat is killin my azz.”

where were you that you managed trout, reds and a cobia in the same spot? Was it a big cobia, what’d ya get it on?

Thats why they call it fishing, not catching

mudroc caught it.we were in the stono at one of whtzs spots.it was small but it put up one heck of a fight for its size.i had just hooked a trout,and whtz had caught a 20 inch or so spottail just before that.kayaks were maybe 50 feet apart.we took a pic of the cobia-i hope he posts it sometime.fun day.

ws pamlico 100 and 14 ft canoeyak

“this plastic boat is killin my azz.”

take a guess…a electric chicken 3’ under a float along the grass edge. Thought it was a trout at first but ended up being a small cobia.

Mud

Mud and a four legged mutt

Tarpon 140

Must have been my magic float…

That magic float seems be getting a lot of action lately!
Here’s the big boy

[/img]

Mud and a four legged mutt

Tarpon 140