Coastal Outdoors Weekend Getaway

Last weekend, Febuary 8-10, I fished the Bluefin Tuna Trip in Morehead City, NC, with Captain Rick Hiott. Well, I attempted to fish.

We went aboard Captain Bruce Schmidt’s boat (a 25’ Sea Pro). Since Captain Rick was the official photographer we became deemed “The Camera Boat” or the “Photo Boat”. We headed out early along with all the other boats that morning and got about half way out when we heard one of the boats calling us on the VHF radio. We had to stop many times to login their catches as they were called in to us. From then on, it seemed as if everyone starting calling us. When we finally got out to where all the boats were, Captain Bruce asked who was going to be first on the rod. I volunteered eagerly. A harness, fighting belt and and inflatable life vest were all strapped on me. I was ready. While we were trolling, numerous schools of false albacore kept coming up around the boat all day long. Well, we didn’t get any bites however, I did get to see one back at the dock. The Bluefin that was kept by the crew aboard Time4Fishing.com was 350 pounds. What a beautiful fish (a picture is attached).

These fish taste better than any steak I have ever had. It is definitely a treat. A treat to go catch, watch and eat. I will go again, whenever I get the chance, it’s worth the wait…

Coastal Outdoors (Joel and Debbie), organized everything just right. Friday night started with a Captain’s meeting with great food and drink. Saturday’s fishing ended with an oyster roast at Portside Marina and an award’s dinner at Pizzuti’s Italian Restaurant. The hotel, Comfort Inn, was so close to everything that it worked out great also. The pictures that Captain Rick took turned out wonderful and I understand that Joel is putting together a scrapbook soon that will be on the the Coastal Outdoos website,www.coastaloutdoors.com. I can’t thank everyone enough for the good time that Captain Rick and I had the whole weekend. I even won I pri

Eve !! You would have won no matter what you were wearing.Hope you guys make it to the meeting tonight.