Cold Bravin’ and Spoon Jerkin’

Woke up to bait tank with 8-10doz bait in it frozen up bad and bait dead in solid blocks of ice. So we scratched the live bait idea. Went to prepare to leave for boat ramp, realized I had a tire down about 10 pounds, half way through airing it up half of the valve stem shoots off. Good thing I have 2 boats. Hooked up the little boat hoping I had charged batteries and a 2-stroke willing to crank in 20 degree wind chills and temps below freezing. Met Fogman at Ramp 4 and headed out. First hour produced 2 perch. Decided to move a little and on the idle speed search found a mass of fish. Worked them for about 15 min catching nice 5-6# Striper until they disappeared. Moved a little more and got back on some good fish. Finished having to move about 50’ to find more fish every time it slacked off. Finished with over 25 Striper, atleast 15 keepers and 3 perch. We missed nearly as many as we caught due to a hook issue on one of the jigs not being realized for quite some time. Fished 4 hours, all the Striper and 1 perch caught the last 2.5 hours. Had a blast. Thanks Fogman for getting us on some fish!

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream

2014 Sea Hunt Bx22br Yamaha 200 “BIG$EXY”

1994 Ken Craft 175CC 1998 Yamaha 115 “Dream Machine”

Nice Job! I had a similar bait kill. The bigger ones managed to stay alive and now I have a heat source! Glad you both were able to get out there.

TEAM HARD OF HERRING

2003 21 Sea Pro
2003 Yamaha 150

Mike, thanks for inviting me to ride with you. It was a blast! Wish it didn’t take me 7 pulled hooks on good fish to realize I had a prong straightened.:smiley: But they were biting so fast, I was in a hurry to get the spoon back down there. Guess you’re now a believer in those little chunks of metal.:sunglasses:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

quote:
Originally posted by Fogman

Mike, thanks for inviting me to ride with you. It was a blast! Wish it didn’t take me 7 pulled hooks on good fish to realize I had a prong straightened.:smiley: But they were biting so fast, I was in a hurry to get the spoon back down there. Guess you’re now a believer in those little chunks of metal.:sunglasses:

Xpress HB-22
175 Yammy Jammer

I love learning new styles of fishing and tactics for different species. It gives me more opportunities when I’m blessed with the time to go. Now spring needs to hurry up and I need another foot of water so I can keep the boat in the water!

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream

i see your secrete fish attractor under that lowrance.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

i see your secrete fish attractor under that lowrance.

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

The filtered cigarillos always do the trick!!!

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream

You gotta work on those picture sizes Bo. They is huge!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

FB, this site will let you shrink/rotate the pics from your phone in a few minutes.

http://webresizer.com/

Changing the “New Size” to 600 pixels gives the pics below.

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

You gotta work on those picture sizes Bo. They is huge!

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

Must be a PC issue. On my phone they are disc to fit. Can I start texting them to you and you post for me :smiley:

Mike Martinez

"Team Hookers Dream