Cold weather does not debunk climate change

great read from Dr. Marshall Shepherd…

“The comment I dislike the most is when people talk about cold weather and people type “So much for global warming…” Not really a joke to me. Also, it proves someone doesn’t have the understanding of the definition of weather vs climate. You’ll see people type that a lot in the next week or two on professional meteorologists’ social media pages.”

full article here…
https://www.forbes.com/sites/marshallshepherd/2017/12/28/a-response-for-people-using-record-cold-u-s-weather-to-refute-climate-change/#234d54055680

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

Cut out the day drinking and get a solar powered generator.

Anyone that refutes Climate change is not very smart. We are coming out of an Ice Age, things will change just like they have long before man was on this Earth. If man survives long enough we’ll have peach farms in Canada and many man made reefs when Florida is covered by the ocean.

Where the rub comes in is the botched science of believing that Man is speeding up a natural process. Maybe we are, maybe we are not? Not enough data to prove it. When we get some more hard core scientific data over the next few thousand years then we’ll know. But no matter Earth will continue to warm up unless we have a major catastrophe.

Always a reason for that there climate change

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/12/28/record-breaking-winter-cold-dont-worry-the-climate-explainers-have-it-covered/

The so called experts have gone from Global cooling to global warming and now climate change. Because there is no denying climate CHANGE. Of course the climate changes…DUH

I dont trust anyone that is getting paid to do theses “studies”. I am positive there has never been a study published that completely debunks the payers views.

ED never discusses climate change when it doesn’t match the weather. I know he would argue that weather is not climate, but this cold goes from coast to coast and involves most of North America

I’ve never debated climate change, I believe it is constantly changing. I do debate the whacko lib views however. Going from “warming”, to “cooling” to “change” just shows that they know far less than they think they do and, like typical liberals, just keep changing terminology to suit their agenda.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

So y’all are saying this cat doesn’t know what the hell he’s talking about? Ok.

Contributor
Marshall Shepherd
FULL BIO
Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd, a leading international expert in weather and climate, was the 2013 President of American Meteorological Society (AMS) and is Director of the University of Georgia’s (UGA) Atmospheric Sciences Program. Dr. Shepherd is the Georgia Athletic Association Distinguished Professor and hosts The Weather Channel’s Sunday talk show Weather Geeks, Prior to UGA, Dr. Shepherd spent 12 years as a Research Meteorologist at NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center and was Deputy Project Scientist for the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) mission. In 2004, he was honored at the White House with a prestigious PECASE award. Shepherd is frequently sought as an expert on weather and climate by major media outlets, the White House, and Congress. He has over 80 peer-reviewed scholarly publications and numerous editorials. Dr. Shepherd received his B.S., M.S. and PhD in physical meteorology from Florida State University.

I just browsed quickly. Did he mention this phenomena is being caused by man?

I worked for the Atomic Energy Commission at Princeton University in the 60’s and we achieved 1Million degress centigrade in the lab; the temp of the sun. A single mini volcano on sun’s surface sends 1m degree heat wave to earth. That one event will do more that any cow farting.
If global warming is caused by man then how did the ice age disappear? We were not on earth to warm it so what did warm it? Maybe a sunburst.

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Contributor
Marshall Shepherd
FULL BIO
Dr. J. Marshall Shepherd, a leading international expert in weather and climate, was the 2013 President of American Meteorological Society (AMS) and is Director of the University of Georgia’s (UGA) Atmospheric Sciences Program. Dr. Shepherd is the Georgia Athletic Association Distinguished Professor and hosts The Weather Channel’s Sunday talk show Weather Geeks, Prior to UGA, Dr. Shepherd spent 12 years as a Research Meteorologist at NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center and was Deputy Project Scientist for the Global Precipitation Measurement (GPM) mission. In 2004, he was honored at the White House with a prestigious PECASE award. Shepherd is frequently sought as an expert on weather and climate by major media outlets, the White House, and Congress. He has over 80 peer-reviewed scholarly publications and numerous editorials. Dr. Shepherd received his B.S., M.S. and PhD in physical meteorology from Florida State University.

this cat is one of the foremost experts on CLIMATE…and I love to hear him break it down…he can speak to simple people like me and PeePod without making us feel stupid…what I think is most important in all of this is the difference between WEATHER and CLIMATE…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I’m still hurt you didn’t warn us about today’s ice storm. And the bridge closings

I get my climate science from this guy. Hasn’t been wrong yet

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/nine-years-ago-al-gore-predicted-north-pole-completely-ice-free-today/

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

I get my climate science from this guy. Hasn’t been wrong yet

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/12/nine-years-ago-al-gore-predicted-north-pole-completely-ice-free-today/

pee paw… suck it. :smiley:

quote:
Originally posted by poly ball

Hey Polly, bolbie, toppy, robert, something… No one with any Ioto of a brain will not disregard climate change…

How about your big argument years ago about some trees dying in a coastal area and freaking out? :smiley: Remember? i do.

Our coast is constantly changing, all you have to do is check out Google Earth’s timeline, there is nothing you can do about it. It is a natural occurrence. Got a big house on the coast? too bad, it will probably get washed away. It’s nature, just like the deer rut. It varies from time to time.

You need to find some time to spend with good ole Al Gore! Bet you two would hit it off. Wonder if he is an atheist?

How the Hello is man going to change this?! We won’t! Good gracious. It is going to happen BO!

Let the CO2 rise, I’m looking forward to it, plants will love it!@!

Fists full of dollars thrown into the wind

http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2017/12/wind-turbine-removed-at-chesapeake.html

Looks like they’re not going to plant them off shore either

Drill baby drill!