Cold weather head gear?

Anybody have any good suggestions for keeping your head warm on cold windy days? I don’t like hooded jackets and haven’t found a hat that’s warm.

If you know anywhere you can find a military, cold weather hat you won’t need anything else. https://www.etsy.com/listing/179216833/vintage-military-woodland-cold-weather?ref=market

I like a good polar fleece hat or, one of these. It can be a hat, balaclava or neck gaiter.

http://www.campmor.com/seirus-quickdraw-hat.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=47125BLKS-M&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Funny you mention the one from campmor. I was just looking at that one over the weekend. Do the two pieces separate?

I have a fleece thing similar to this. I think I’m going to get a separate neck gaiter and beanie hat. The all-in-one gaiter/hood works well, except when I just want to use it as a gaiter, the hood is all bunched up and just feels like too much extra material behind your head.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Clothing/Mens-Hunting-Clothing/Mens-Hunting-Headwear/Mens-Balaclavas-Neck-Gaiters|/pc/104797080/c/104748480/sc/104380380/i/104041980/Cabelas-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-gaiters%2F_%2FN-1102433%2B4294392237%2FNe-4294392237%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104041980%3FWTz_l%3DUnknown%3Bcat104734980%3BRCcat104471280%3Bcat104380380%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104734980%3BRCcat104471280%3Bcat104380380%3Bcat104041980

No, this one is all one piece. I use it when it is freezing. I use a neck gaiter and fleece beenie when it is just cold.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I have two of these camo head mask that I wear in the winter, esp when driving (one is a spare in case of wetness)

A set of ski goggles helps out too.

Fleece Balaclava.

You all need to call Minnestota and ask for some of those beaver hats with teh flip down sides.

I just stick my head in the fireplace and leave it there until it’s warm enough to go outside again. I very much dislike cold weather!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Larry, I take it you have never seen a school of stripers tearing up a school of shad on top during a snow storm on a upstate lake. Had a good day in the cold rain monday! Learned to dress well years ago in layers and covered with Gortex. a windsheild help a lot tho!

I’ve caught many a fish in ice, rain and freezing weather, enough so that I don’t really care to do it any more. It doesn’t matter if I never catch another fish, already caught my share, somebody else’s too. Now I’d rather wait for a day where I don’t need to wear all that. LL Bean doesn’t make enough clothes to keep me warm when it’s below freezing. I got boots rated for -30 and 2 pairs of socks and my feet are cold at +30. Although sometimes I still get sucked into it by my friends and endure :smiley: The black avenger I call him :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Looks like a Mexican wrestler!

Try the military supply place in Summerville,or the one on Rivers Ave.if it still there.Military surplus store,i think it’s called.

Double D.