Cold WX Gear

Daddy loves his float coat…he has a longer type…so it covers his butt :slight_smile: and keeps the drafts out…he has had it for several years now and its taking a beating in the mudd and osters…but still keeps him warm and is a safety thing for him if he goes in the brink…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

It gets cold?

SAFMC you suck!

Be careful buying clothes on Ebay. Lots of knock offs if you haven’t already noticed.

My really cold weather days are base capilene long johns, long sleeve T, mid layer fleece, down wind proof jacket. Bottom is similar. Capilene, flannel/fleece, Simms cold weather pants. I’ve got a couple pair of gloves that I like but the Simms Exstream half fingers work pretty well while your fishing but wear ski gloves when I’m running. Wool socks (don’t try to cram 20 pairs of socks into your shoes). Also have a windstopper ski cap that really helps. The wind when I make a move is what really gets me so windproofing is a must.

I’m going to get a pair of bibbs soon b.c I hate when the cold creeps around the belt line.

When it gets truly frigid I break out the batt powered hand warmers. One in each pocket but keep them on layer close to your body.

Ralph - if you still are looking for something, shoot me a text.

A long long slow walk in the spartina gives you time to think big thoughts and put your mind back into order.

• Flatscaster

I can’t believe Penny told everyone about deals to be had at goodwill… Thought I was the only one stocking up on nearly new carhart and Columbia gear until now…
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooottttt.

lol…posted pics for you in swap shop…

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

My wife loves Goodwill. She calls it the “magic store”.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Its The “Boutique”

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

The Columbia Gail Warning jackets are pretty solid. I wore one everyday fiahing in Alaska this past season and have zero complaints. Still waterproof even after a season full of drenching rain and more than its fair share of rounds in the washer and dryer.

It doesn’t matter what you ware if you put it on a home and hop in the truck with the heat on for the ride to the landing! You will swett and get colder once you get in the boat. I don’t put on my cold weather clothes till I get to the water!