Colt 22 - need some help

This pistol came to me with no paperwork, and I can not find anything about it. It is an aluminum box made for this. Huntsman and a horse is pictured on one side. Serial number yields nothing. What is the Aluminum cylinder is for? There is some type adjustment on the ‘finger grips’ of the slide? There is another six sided adjustment on top of the slide. Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks

I have one but have never see those extras. Looks like some is home-made stuff. You can look up the S/N and get a date.

I tired that and the web site just gave 1964 for 3-4 different guns.

If this stuff was home made someone knew what they were doing. I have to think this was something put together as a promotion or a gift set kind of thing.

Carry it to a good gunsmith, they may be able to help you.

Double D.

Call Colt and give the S/N and they’ll be able to tell whatever you’d want to know about that pistol.

https://www.colt.com/page/service

“You don’t always know where you stand till you know that you won’t run away.” ~Slipknot

It’s not talking crap if you can back it up…and nothing can back it up better than facts.

Not that I can really tell what I’m looking at, but, I think, some of the older Colt, Huntsman, and Woodsman, models came with a suppressor, from the factory?

That’s pretty neat, never seen a scope mount quit like that. Looks like maybe it’s in it’s gift box? Looks collectible. :question:

Let us know what you find out.

Is the barrel threaded, is the silver cylinder threaded? If so, like Nutz said, that is most likely a suppressor.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

No it is not threaded. My guess would be it is a clamp on handle for the barrel.

I am thinking it is some kind of a promotional thing or something.

Is there a hole through the silver cylinder? Once again, I think, the factory supplied suppressors, on some Huntsman models, actually clamped onto the front sight? If the cylinder has been attached this way, you should see a divot where the set screw touched the sight. Sweet looking piece either way!

I would post that question on one of the colt forms.

I am fragile.
Not like a flower.
But like a bomb.