Columbia to Charleston

Is anyone with a pick up truck going to Charleston from the Columbia area in the next few days? (I’m In Red Bank, south of Lexington) I have a leaning post that I built for marshgrass that needs to be delivered to her. I’ve been trying to get it down to her for a while now, but between the rains & flooding, I’ve not been able to get it down there. Now my truck is starting to act up & I’m leery about making the trip myself.

I’m willing to pay for your time & trouble.

Thanks, Bob

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
Custom Aluminum Fabrication
803-727-4069

Hey, Bob. I go to Charleston at least once a week to visit my customer. I can take the truck on the next trip. Coordinate with Marsha and I’ll make it happen.

I really appreciate it Jim. When do you think you’re going down next?

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Probably Monday or Tuesday. I’ve got to shag a call in Forest City tomorrow. If nothing comes in from the western sites over the weekend I’ll shoot for Charleston on Monday. Let me know what works for you.

I’ll be down next week as well if flatlinner does not work out.

Traffic us awful right now 3.75 hours from Awendaw to Lexington last night.

that really spooks me out when i’m referred to as flatliner. ain’t given up, yet.

Wish I wasn’t 8 time zones away, I’d make the trip just to see your work!

quote:
Originally posted by dernflatlander

that really spooks me out when i’m referred to as flatliner. ain’t given up, yet.

Ha Ha, all bout the fishing terms.

quote:
Originally posted by DG34YF

8 time zones away?? Where the heck are you??

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Bob, if that doesn’t work out, give me a holler. I am supposed to go down Friday the 16th to pick up my son at CofC and might be able to help you out. Working 12 on 12 off right now so next Friday is a maybe right now.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:

I’m 7 away myself. Jericho, West Bank.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

dernflatlander is hooking me up. He’s picking it up tomorrow. Thanks for the offers.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

Yo Bob,
Currently shuttling 20 & 40 footers between Mersin & Iskenderun, Turkey and Port Said & Damietta, Egypt. Squid chains and feather jigs haven’t done anything underway yet but the Croaker-looking fish bite is off the charts in a few of the ports! Shrimp being the go-to bait. I give the stevedore a bag full of them just as they finish back loading. Don’t have a clue as to what he’s saying but the 7-teeth smile assures me a backpac-launch isn’t in my near future.
Feel free to post pics of your art!

Hey SFL,
Any idea what critters lurk offshore on this end of the pond?
Keep your head down too!

No, I am ignorant of the Mediterranean fishing. But I have seen redfish at the fish market, so I’m guessing they are either coming from the Med or the Red Sea.

Keep your head down too. The news from Ankara isn’t good.

If you’re lucky enough to be fishing, you’re lucky enough.

quote:

Yo Bob,
Currently shuttling 20 & 40 footers between Mersin & Iskenderun, Turkey and Port Said & Damietta, Egypt. Squid chains and feather jigs haven’t done anything underway yet but the Croaker-looking fish bite is off the charts in a few of the ports! Shrimp being the go-to bait. I give the stevedore a bag full of them just as they finish back loading. Don’t have a clue as to what he’s saying but the 7-teeth smile assures me a backpac-launch isn’t in my near future.
Feel free to post pics of your art!</font id=“red”>

Hey SFL,
Any idea what critters lurk offshore on this end of the pond?
Keep your head down too!

Here ya go! I built this is for marshgrass

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

That is a pretty cool leaning post right there. So many wants for my boat, so little money.

www.militaryappreciationday.org

Mission accomplished. Great to meet Marshgrass.

Great work as usual

2000 SeaPro 180CC w/ Yammy 115 2 stroke
1966 13’ Boston Whaler w/ Merc 25 4 stroke “Flatty”
www.ralphphillipsinshore.com

quote:
Originally posted by dernflatlander

Mission accomplished. Great to meet Marshgrass.

Again, I want to thank you so much for making it happen Jim.

Bob Van Gundy
Marine Designs,Inc.
803-727-4069

:sunglasses:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper