Comcast sinks to new lows -warning

One of my Comcast boxes failed so went to the store in Mt P to replace.
While talking with the rep I asked what options I had to increase my internet speed. He told me he could do it as part of a package that would not cost any more but would just require that I use some Comcast service for 2 years. I said great, do I need to sign anywhere and he said no. That should have told me the situation was fishy, but I was in a rush. Anyway, over the weekend noticed HBO wasnt working. To cut a very long story down anf after my wife and I spent over 2 hours on the phone it appears the comcast rep signed me up for an additional package that increased my monthly fee by $180. He then ‘updated’ my account information with a new cell number (in Alabama) texted this number to confirm my acceptance of the new package, and i guess his buddy or whatever texted back in my name stating agreement to the new package. So, he screwed up by doing something that cut of HBO, plus did he really think I wouldnt notice an increase of $180 a month.
Someone was meant to call us back this am, but in true comcast style we didnt hear anything. Going to take a ride over to the store a little later and see whats going on.
Anyway, just a heads up to check you bills!

Take a bat with you & beat the $180 out of him.

Comcast used to be fine for me. Lately the service has been sluggish, Internet goes out for days at a time. After about 10 days of back and forth they credited my account a whopping $15. Thanks, Comcast

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Comcast used to be fine for me. Lately the service has been sluggish, Internet goes out for days at a time. After about 10 days of back and forth they credited my account a whopping $15. Thanks, Comcast

Have you checked if you are in Wow coverage zone?
They have crazy speeds but unfortunately don’t cover my area.
http://www.wowway.com/

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

That sucks. Hope it all works out.

TWC was selling me 50mb internet for $70. It recently went up to $80 so I called. Since Spectrum took over, they had better rates. Got 100mb for $65 and no contract. My internet speed in my house instantly doubled. It’s crazy the kind of control these companies have over this pipeline.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Geronimo - how is Spectrum?

DRTERRY - Sorry to hear what you are going through. We have been battling Comcast / Xfinity since September when a SALES REP ( who was let go in January ) set us up for a special deal. Well boy did we get the special deal. Our plan as stated was to be around $90.00 and has never been below $150.00. we called the rep that actually serves our apartment complex and he stated where is your signed contract. HMMM? The old sales rep never had us sign anything either. And the rep will not honor his pricing. Comcast / Xfinity Sucks!

SAKATUMI TRAE
Victor

Comcast just sucks the life out of me with customer service…I just cant get a satellite signal where we live and Comcast is the fastest internet available, I hate monopolies.
Went to the store, spoke to a manager who did resolve the situation and gave us a $100 credit for our troubles. Told me the district manager and HR would review what the employee did.
It was a challenge for me not to go confront the employee who was working there, my wife accompanied me and talked some sense into me on that. I did go talk to a customer that had just completed a transaction with the rogue employee and told him to double check his bill etc.
Also filed a complaint with US AG, apparently Comcast was fined a couple of million a year ago for this very same thing.

cheers

quote:
Originally posted by drterry

Comcast just sucks the life out of me with customer service…I just cant get a satellite signal where we live and Comcast is the fastest internet available, I hate monopolies.
Went to the store, spoke to a manager who did resolve the situation and gave us a $100 credit for our troubles. Told me the district manager and HR would review what the employee did.
It was a challenge for me not to go confront the employee who was working there, my wife accompanied me and talked some sense into me on that. I did go talk to a customer that had just completed a transaction with the rogue employee and told him to double check his bill etc.
Also filed a complaint with US AG, apparently Comcast was fined a couple of million a year ago for this very same thing.

cheers

with all this [and I’ve had a similar experience], they still own this market and they do as the please. those fines are a tiny cost of doing business.

can’t wait till Bezos or tesla dude jumps in here and whips their ass

if it’s not a true monopoly, its one in principle

on the upside…I have a low priced T-Mobile cell plan. it streams at my house regularly at 20+ mbps. the Comcast wife is only 35-40.

this thread chaps my ass. thanks

I feel the same about comcast, because they pulled that switch on me too. Then when you try to fix it, they cannot seem to find someone that can fix it. I drop them and now I have knology with internet only and over the air antenna and netflex plus Amazon prime.

J-16 Carolina Skiff