Comfort food

Growing up in mcclellanville I can remember many a night my daddy coming in from shrimping with a pot full of shrimp for dinner…or sometimes breakfast the next morning…or cooking it on his shrimp boat.
We called it boat stew…and on either a plate of grits …or rice…it was always delicious .
Nothing fancy…just plain ol’ comfort food.
Ive made the fancy smancy ones too…but this type will always be my favorite and remind me of home.

I just drooled all over my computer…thanks.

The ENTER-NET Fisherman
1 Like

Hahahaha:smiley:

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher

Well now, you can hardly share pictures without sharing the recipe. We’re always looking for new recipes and that looks delicious.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

That looks fantastic. Thank you Penny. Stay safe and have a blessed Christmas:smiley:

All I do is saute down a little bacon and spring or regular sweet onions…(I tend to go a little heavy in the spring onuons if I use them…usually with a little butter or tiny bit of oil…salt, fresh ground pepper, just a small shake of garlic powder…add In The peeled and deveined shrimp and saute a little also for extra flavor…then a heaping tablespoon or so of flour and allow this to brown…cap of kitchen bouquet seasoning…then add enough water to skillet for consistency of gravy you want .
Easy quick meal.
You can also use finely diced butts meat instead of bacon…and chicken stock in place of water.

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher

miss'n fish'n

177scout sportsfisher