Concealed Carry Class

Hey guys I am looking for a good place to take the class again… Let mine expire…

RPM on John’s Island

RPM, Trader World, ATP, Quickshot. Most gun stores or ranges will have a CWP class, prices and services will vary though. There are even a few certified individuals who can legally teach the class.

j

Why do I need a license to carry?

Look up Frank Smoak at gunsmoak.com In West Ashley.

quote:

I thought the constitution did that.

GA doesn’t require a class, just $85. I think the $85 is why you need a license.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

I used Michael Bowers he does them every so often out in Adams Run. Google him he is a PI and ex FBI agent. Very good guy. I frequent Quickshots in West Ashley and they’re super nice up there. I don’t know anything about their classes but, I think they have the classes more often then the backyard guys. Stay away from ATP!

RPM is where I took mine. It’s an all day class.

SeaPro 220CC

Dixie Craft-custom flats boat

quote:
Originally posted by Cracker Larry
quote:

I thought the constitution did that.

GA doesn’t require a class, just $85. I think the $85 is why you need a license.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

Which I think is at least part of the reason there's no reciprocity between SC and GA. We at least require a minimal amount of "training" so we don't allow their permit and I assume as retribution they don't allow our permit. A FL and or UT non-res permit will solve that issue.

You gonna talk or FISH!

All,

check out this article that a friend just sent me.

I have been meaning to get my CWP for some time now, just never got around to it.

The article is kind of short and doesn’t give too much detail without seeing the actual bill.

Not an expert on how laws get passed/amended but assuming it would have some additional red tape besides a vote at the house.

http://www.wspa.com/story/28885960/sc-house-oks-bill-ending-permits-to-carry-concealed-weapons

SC House OK’s Bill Ending Permits To Carry Concealed Weapons
Posted: Apr 23, 2015 7:53 PM EDT
Updated: Apr 23, 2015 7:53 PM EDT
By Associated PressCONNECT

COLUMBIA, S.C. - A bill that would allow South Carolina residents to carry concealed weapons without a permit has passed the House.

Supporters of getting rid of concealed weapons permits amended a bill Thursday allowing permits from Georgia to be accepted in South Carolina. The changed bill was approved on a 90-18 vote.

Rep. Mike Pitts introduced the amendment. The Laurens Republican says it is a good compromise because people would still have to keep their guns hidden from view in public, but would not have to go through hours of training for a constitutional right.

Opponents of the bill say training is important to gun safety.

The South Carolina Sheriff’s Association hasn’t had a chance to review the bill but says it opposes people carrying weapons in public without training.

(Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

I saw that on the news last night. That’s as it should be.

Capt. Larry Teuton
912-six55-5674
lteuton at aol dot com

[quote]Originally posted by Cracker Larry

I saw that on the news last night. That’s as it should be.

X2

‘87 Pacemaker 31’ SF
‘04 Renegade 29’ 2 225’s
‘97 Maycraft 17’ 40 hp

seems too easy.

With the way the article and Title is worded, can’t tell if they are just going to allow georgian CWPs to be accepted into SC or they are just getting rid of CWP in SC altogether.

Here is a link to the rep Mike Pitts website = http://www.scstatehouse.gov/member.php?code=1481533914

Here is the link to the bill and voting record if anyone has time to read =
A) http://www.scstatehouse.gov/billsearch.php?billnumbers=3025&session=121&summary=B&headerfooter=1

B)http://www.scstatehouse.gov/sess121_2015-2016/hj15/20150423.htm#p57