Concerning Filling Up On The Way To The Landing ***E10 In Disguise***

The powers that be just allowed E10 (10% ethanol mixture) to go to E15(15% ethanol mixture) for the summer to ease the pain at the pump.

Really, with a food crisis on the horizon this is what Uncle Joe and his cronies want to do with the corn. Beats all I have ever stepped in or over for that matter. Baffling.

I know most of you guys know the dangers of ethanol gas in outboards and run non E, but the E10 wasn’t enough to cause any immediate damage to engines over 35hp or so. That’s no to say it was good, but in a real pinch if you had to use it,well, who among us?

But beware the stuff now that might not be labeled E15, and still coming out of a pump that says E10. The E15 mixture runs too hot and will absolutely kill an engine. If your motor is under warranty and you use E15 , well guess what, your boat isn’t under warranty anymore.

Really. Don’t use it, not even enough to just “get me home”.

I don’t even think I am going to run it in my vehicles anymore for now. Oh joy, oh joy, gas for me just went up another buck a gallon.

joe did that (insert picture of finger pointing idiot here)

I sukk at explaining stuff on paper, but this guy does a good job

catch em up

EF

EF I agree with the concern of the higher percentage of ethanol, but it does not make an engine run hotter. I’ve actually seen an intake frost up running alcohol. The damage is in phase separation from sitting and water absorption. Another issue is you need more alcohol to make the same power as gas. On the flex vehicles they actually change the fuel map to increase delivery hence the loss in fuel milage when using e85, but you do get a tad more power. My truck is rated at 360 with pure gas and 380 with E85.

Thank you for the info on the Gov going to 15% blends. that will cause havoc on unsuspecting people that let gas sit for long periods in tanks.

I don’t use any % of alcohol in the boat unless I’m going out regularly. It is also murder on fuel lines not rated for alcohol.

am certainly no scientist or petroleum engineer but, everything I have read says ethanol does not burn as efficiently as pure gas which means you get fewer mpg. That is just what we need when gas is at an all time high reduced fuel efficiency. Thanks Joe you frigging moron.

1 Like

This could be part of the Biden push to manipulate us to buy electric vehicles. Ethanol is very inefficient and destroys hoses o rings and other rubber parts. Was a hugely bad idea. Climate chance is just so much bull crap as long as the banks still make long term loans on ocean front properties

2 Likes

Yep, terrible idea… EROEI for ethanol is less than 2… Here’s where the bad idea was originated/promoted…

Bush renews support for ethanol amid controversy - Mar. 5, 2008 (cnn.com)

Trump set to duck no-win ethanol decision until after election - POLITICO

Also ethanol causes water to mix with the fuel. This has the potential to blow an engine since water does not burn or compress. Water in diesel causes severe pitting on piston heads. Ethanol was a poorly thought out Dem idea. It’s a waste of good grain that could be used to make drinking alcohol. Also it costs more to make than its worth. But the Dems made sure it was subsisted

Facts support it was the Repubs idea… But, if it makes you feel better to falsely blame the Dems…

A timeline of recent ethanol events | AP News

There it is!!! Trump Bla bla bla. Who cares how it originated, the concern is Biden’s handlers are forcing gas to be blended with a higher percentage and have stopped production of oil in America! Let’s look to the here and now!! Here and Now Gas prices are at a record high while only 2 years ago they were halve and America was exporting oil and making money from it. WE WERE OIL INDEPENDENT UNTILL JOE BIDEN, or rather his handlers decided the Green new Deal was what we the people need. Only a Troll and those that Hate America can defend what is going on in this administration at this point.

Don’t worry Fred, in the midterms the Dems will loose control of both the senate & house and cripple what ever else the Biden puppet masters want. Then Either Trump or Desantis will win the POTUS and this silly carbonphobia will suddenly end and our own home grown oil will flow again. The Ethanol producers should convert to liquor production and release more grain to increase grain meat production. Biden is by far the worst president ever ever ever. I don’t see a single Dem defending Only one bizarre sick cheerleader

1 Like

Nahh, I criticize based on fact unlike the folks here where it is completely partisan…

New Data: Biden’s First Year Drilling Permitting Stomps Trump’s By 34% - Center for Biological Diversity

PolitiFact | Oil production in Biden’s first year on par with Trump

Trump extended the offshore drilling ban…

Trump expands ban on new offshore drilling sites in Atlantic | AP News

Can we please keep the political discussions to the Politics section of the site? Please? :pleading_face: