Contaminated Chas. Seafood!

Hey, anyone hear if we can eat the shrimp and crabs from the harbor? They say The Ashley, Cooper, Wando, and harbor fish aren’t good to eat. Hard to believe it’s not better for us than the garbage they sell in the stores! With Chas. Growing though it’s just a matter of time til everything will be contaminated.

I don’t think everyone is out there catching them just for bait

I aint be fo got nutin rong wit me! all tho I do be fo hab a slite twitch som time.

“NICE REPORT” LIKKA LOGGA
MY HERO!!!

I’ve eaten harbor shrimp all my life since I was 2 years old and I turned out ok… I think.

23’ seacraft

Wife said fish is Brain Food, I eat so much fish I hope my brain does not explode LOL.

Be careful what you ask for, you might just get it!

“The study could trigger future consumption advisories. The S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control currently says fish caught in the harbor can been eaten without restriction on the amount or frequency.”

https://www.postandcourier.com/news/high-levels-of-toxic-pcbs-found-in-charleston-harbor-fish/article_1d2991f4-cbeb-11e8-ac15-8b5716142a3b.html

If your worried about eating shrimp out the harbor you have a good life. I got 99 problems but worring about shrimps not 1.

Now that’s funny!

“NICE REPORT” LIKKA LOGGA
MY HERO!!!

Can’t be any worse than the shrimp imported from Thailand…

quote:
Originally posted by staystrapped

Who eats that?

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

quote:
Originally posted by Bowhunter
quote:
Originally posted by staystrapped

Who eats that?

-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)

Everybody but us.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

I’ve been eating seafood from the harbor for 38 years. Was simply asking if any of you heard the latest on the study MUSC did. I have 101 problems too. But, harvesting seafood ain’t one.#128521;

I believe I heard on the radio in the last few days that MUSC recommended to DHEC or DNR to not consume fish in the harbor. Don’t know any more than that.

First, Most, Biggest

PCB’s are bad. I was told not to eat any fish from lake Hartwell in Clemson. I always let the fish I catch in the Ashley river go. There are too many old industrial sites. There is a reason some of that land is not developed and covered with monitoring wells.

Now they’re saying there is a sewer pipe leaking into the Ashley River. Little raw sewage. But, how long has this poop been going on? I heard the oyster beds are shut down too.