Contractor Reccomendations

Hi all,

I have an old family house that has been neglected over the years, and I’m working on getting the yard and the house cleaned up.

In a few months, I would like to get some contractors to come look at it with me so I can tell them some ideas that I’m thinking about doing to it, and hear what they have to say as well.

Hoping to find a contractor or company that could give me some estimates on a complete renovation, along with doing a drawing of the house and the updates that would be made.

I know that there a lot of them in Charleston, but this is a first time for me and hoping to get some good advice from others who have done something similar. Thanks.

A little more information would be helpful. Is it an historic house that you want to restore to its original grandeur while at the same time modernizing it, or a mid-century ranch that you want to make habitable? If the former, I recommend Meadors construction http://www.meadorsinc.com/. I’ve used them for 2 significant projects downtown and they are great to work with.

quote:
Originally posted by Tuxedo

A little more information would be helpful. Is it an historic house that you want to restore to its original grandeur while at the same time modernizing it, or a mid-century ranch that you want to make habitable? If the former, I recommend Meadors construction http://www.meadorsinc.com/. I’ve used them for 2 significant projects downtown and they are great to work with.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. It was built in 1978, 1400 sqft brick ranch style house. 3 beds, 2 baths w/ a room over the garage that isn’t fisnihed so it isn’t counted towards the total sqft.

Looking to do a complete rehab, electrical, plumbing, flooring, complete the room over garage, new kitchen, new bathrooms, new roof, new windows, possible add-on to existing master bedroom to make it bigger, and would like to extend the driveway to the side of the house to park my boat, and also build a deck off the back of the house.

Donnie Long 843 478 4496

For the structural components you are going to need drawings for the building permit application. They have to be signed and sealed by a South Carolina Professional Engineer or Architect. The firm I work for (McSweeney Engineers) does this work frequently. You can contact Bill or Dave at 843-974-5621 when you get to that point if you don’t already have someone to do it.