Cooler to store product

Hello all, I am new to the forum community, so please do not shame me immediately. I am currently searching for an efficient cooler to store product while on the boat fishing. A buddy of mine told me that the brand Yeti was the way to go, but I am a little hesitant after seeing the price. Are Yeti’s really worth the price, if not do you guys have any recommendations on a more cost efficient cooler? Thanks in advance.

If someone bought me one I’d sport a Yeti. Good cooler and an even better status symbol to many. As with all coolers the amount you open and shut it plays the biggest roll in keeping ice longer.

I like the Igloo Marine and Colman Xtreme.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

I got the cheap 150 qt. Igloo from Bass Pro when it went on sale & it’s fine for day trips. I fill the 2 qt. juice containers & freeze them, rinse off & refreeze. The bigger a block of ice the longer it last for me. Gallon milk jugs are good for a couple refreezes but crack easier. Good luck to you.

Igloo Marine

Ya know, it must be nice living in Neverneverland. Remind me to come visit you, when I need a break from reality.

How long does your product require low temps? How long are your trips? If you are not going for over 2 days a Walmart foam cooler should work. Prepare it right and keep it closed and in the shade and it will last longer

If you want a cooler very similar to a Yeti without the price, check out the RTIC brand coolers.

So I looked into the best yeti alternatives because honestly that price tag is pretty ridiculous. Looks like the Rtic is the go to for cheap premium coolers. I found this article here, https://icecoldcooler.com and now I am debating between the Rtic and Coleman Xtreme like you said Fred67. Any thoughts about how long the Xtreme would keep ice? It looks like the Rtic is on par with the yeti in that aspect, but Coleman is so much cheaper that I might just get it as long as it can last a few days.

Kind of off topic here, but could someone explain to me how to upload a nice little profile picture? I hate lookin like a blank square

Yes, if you are rough on equipment a yeti is worth the price. I’ve got a 45 and 160qt, both 7 years old and have been abused and have held up great. 160 has been used as a filet table, stored a few cases of bait for weeklong trips in the keys, dry lockable storage on trips out west, etc.

Own yeti and engel. Engle is not as expensive and works just as well. Lots of coolers will do a great job. Trick is to cool the cooler before icing and adding contents. Ice it for an hour, dump it and immediately load it.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25