Cooper/Moultrie dam

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the waters like up there. Is there a lot of underwater objects that I might hit in my boat? I am planning to take my first trip up there soon to try shad fishing for the first time. Any tips or info is appreciated.

17ft Key west

See post under Kayak Fishing

MooreFun Out!
I can explain it to you, but I can’t understand it for you!

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

I was wondering if anybody could tell me what the waters like up there. Is there a lot of underwater objects that I might hit in my boat? I am planning to take my first trip up there soon to try shad fishing for the first time. Any tips or info is appreciated.

17ft Key west

Put in at the landing across the river from Gilligans (the old Dock Restaurant), the landing at Gilligans used to be a bit shaky condition-wise. Be sure to lock your doors, and don’t leave any valuables in plain view.

It’s a straight shot up the tailrace to the boundary, stay away from the absolute edges and there’s nothing to hit.

Thanks for the Info.

17ft Key west

Just some friendly advise…make sure you do not go past the big white signs on both sides of the canal. Unless your going into the locks of course (it’s still closed for maintenance by the way…call 843-761-8311 if you want to find out if it’s back open). Do not anchor on that line and throw towards the dam either. Both will get you a hefty ticket. I worked at that powerhouse for almost 30 yrs. Seen many unhappy faces out there. If you do decide to go into the lake you are fine for about 300-400 yds in front of the dam, but after that you might find stumps. Best to get a lake map, wallyworld.

Key West 196;150 Yammie

Life Is Good…Gotta Love It!!!