Cord cutters?

Thanks duesouth

You’re the guy that got me started

So you guys are watching pirated movies and content? Yeah, I think I’ll pass. Sling subscription for me.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I have sling and WOW internet that is 30kbps. When watching football, the picture is “Choppy” for lack of a better word. Does anyone else experience that? It’s not real bad but it is noticeable and annoying.

I’ve had it TWC too. I’m sick of calling every year to get my bill lowered, just to see it creep back up to where it was.

For anyone else that is considering going to an Amazon ■■■■■■■■■, there is a newer version coming out in a few weeks with voice recognition. You can pre-order.

https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Stick-Remote-Streaming-Player/dp/B00ZV9RDKK/ref=sr_tr_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1475261296&sr=1-1&keywords=■■■■■■■■■■

'07 198 DLX Carolina Skiff
DF90 Suzuki

quote:
Originally posted by birddawg

I have sling and WOW internet that is 30kbps. When watching football, the picture is “Choppy” for lack of a better word. Does anyone else experience that? It’s not real bad but it is noticeable and annoying.

I think you mean mbps. If not, your speed is lower than 56K a dial up modem and that's definitely your problem :)

If not, you can usually call your provider and they can do a speed test. Sometimes a crappy connector on their end will kill your speed. 30mbps should be fine for live streaming.

There several free speed test. Here’s the one use.

http://www.speedtest.net/

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

KODI interface - is not friendly and is not intuitive. but you can find what you want to watch. it just takes longer for me than the netflix and amazon prime interface.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

This should help:

http://koditips.com/sync-trakt-and-kodi-to-keep-track-of-your-tv/

I’ve been picking people’s brains at work now that I finally decided cut the cord and this was highly recommended by a few people.

DF90 Suzuki

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn’t using Kodi basically give you back door access to pay sites, plus the occasional pirated show or movie? Sounds a lot like stealing to me.

I pretty much stream everything, but pay a bit for it.

15’ Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Is this the Kodi everyone is talking about? Pretty cheap. Also everyone should check our snagshout. Some killer amazon deals there in exchange for a review.

https://www.snagshout.com/offers/leelbox-q3-pro-android-6-0-tv-box-s905x-ko/10c8ed8

First, Most, Biggest

I don’t want to complicate things. Just tired of the constant bill monitoring with TWC. I have been happy with Netflix. Draft payment each month, service works great, and is so easy anyone can use it. I want the same thing but need to be able to watch local channels, ESPN, AMC during TWD season, and Disney. Sling looks like the way to go for me. HGTV, Lifetime, and E reality TV can die a slow hell.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

My son is at CofC. They don’t have “cable” TV in the dorms anymore, they got an Amazon ■■■■■■■■■. He said it works pretty well. He gets ESPN and just about everything else but, no SEC Network. I may have to look into this.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

He is likely using your TWC Watch ESPN login. Or a room mates. If you cut the cord at home, he might be SOL at CofC. :slight_smile: Unless they ponied up for the Sling TV subscription. ■■■■■■■■■, Roku, etc. is just the device to get to the streaming. You still have to pay for the services. The only “free” tv is by HDTV antennae.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

quote:
Originally posted by Geronimo

I don’t want to complicate things. Just tired of the constant bill monitoring with TWC. I have been happy with Netflix. Draft payment each month, service works great, and is so easy anyone can use it. I want the same thing but need to be able to watch local channels, ESPN, AMC during TWD season, and Disney. Sling looks like the way to go for me. HGTV, Lifetime, and E reality TV can die a slow hell.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I was looking into a Roku box at WalMart the other day and ran across a 32" 720P Roku Smart TV on sale for $125, so I grabbed it to replace my old TV in the bedroom. I subscribed to the 7 day trial period of Sling and Hulu to go along with along with my Amazon Prime and an OTA antenna. Couldn’t be any simpler.

From Irmo, I’m getting about 12? stations on the antenna without even trying to find an optimal spot for it yet.

DF90 Suzuki

You guys back to the days of wrapping antennae in tinfoil again?

It’s the size of a sheet of paper, and gets 1080P HD channels. ABC, NBC, CBS, ETV, and about 6 others.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

We just cut the cord Sep 30th so we’re still working things out.
MOHU Sky antenna mounted in attic
TIVO OTA Romio 1Tb DVR
TIVO Mini in 2 rooms.
TIVO Bridge for Moca network
The Tivo’s make it feel like the Directv Genie or Dish Hopper.
All remotes are the same with same interface.
Moca network lets them talk over coax.
Comcast Internet 10 MB.
Netflix
Hulu
Amazon Prime

I’m working through some glitches with getting good signals to all the OTA channels on the TiVo Minis. May be the wrong type of splitter.

Over all happy, TiVo support has been responsive and helpful.