Costa Rica

We’re tentatively looking into a 3-4 day family trip to CR. Working with a Travel Agent and have received pricing on trip with accommodations at a couple of different resorts. The resorts are “all inclusive resorts”, which means different things at the differ resorts. Does anyone have any recommendation on places to stay, things to do or to avoid. Our interests are mostly land based ecotourism but I do want to get at least one day of fishing in. Looking in to doing this around the Christmas/New Years holiday season.

Anne and I spent a week at the Double Tree in Puntarenas a few years ago. It’s an all inclusive that we really enjoyed.
4 restaurants on site plus the cattle call buffets and 4 or 5 bars on the property… I lost count. The swim up pool bar was my favorite.

We went zip lining and horseback riding up in the rainforest.
We skipped the volcano tour. Talked to folks who went and clouds ruined the view for them

It was a fairly short drive to Playa Blanca. Beautiful and clean beach. The beach at the resort was mostly black volcanic sand. Pretty, but unbearably hot.

Fishing for roosters available from small boats about 10 minutes away by taxi. Bigger sportfishing charter were anout 30 minutes away.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

thanks, I appreciate the input.

We really liked this place. Very close to the national park Manuel Antonio and very close to the village Quipos (a huge fishing destination). We went in March and had a great time. Canopy zip line tours. Road horses in the mountains and great beaches.

http://www.hotelparador.com/overview/

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

We stay at Los Suenos. Not an all inclusive but fantastic. We’ve done a few of all inclusive, Sandals mostly, decided they really limit you, at least mentally, and you tend not to leave the resort and see what is going on elsewhere.

The canopy zip line tours are a must do! My wife liked it so much, we had to do it twice :smiley:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper