Costa Warranty

There was an old post on here several months back regarding Costa’s warranty claims. I have been hesitant for some time about sending my Costa’s back thinking they would not do anything with them.

My glasses were in bad shape. The rubber nose piece and rubber around the legs had come lose. The lenses only had one minor scratch that was not noticeable while wearing, BUT, I could not wear the glasses with the rubber pieces drooping.

I decided to send the glasses off to try my luck. I logged onto Costa’s website and created an account and filled out the warranty claim. My glasses were not even on the list of glasses to choose from. Explained what the problem was and dropped them off at the post off last Saturday to mail them off.

I received an email from them last Thursday stating that my glasses were no longer made and that I needed to contact the warranty department. I quickly made a call and a claims agent answered immediately. The gentleman was very polite in explaining that my glasses were no longer in production and my glasses were not repairable. He explained that I could pick out a new pair of glasses similar to what I had and all I had to pay was $11.95 for the claim.

I picked out a new pair of glasses while on the phone and got an email on Saturday that my new glasses had been shipped.

As far as I am concerned, you cannot beat that for Warranty. They never asked for a receipt to verify anything. I am impressed.

Now, someone made comment that the glasses probably cost $11.95 and they still made money. Who knows.

For what they are and what they charge… it’s all good. I keep three pair and rotate them regularly through the warranty program. I mostly have problems with the rubber degrading on my fathoms. Once in awhile i have a split frame. Awesome program!

-Albemarle 248xf “Chella”
-Dolphin 18BC Pro
-Miscellaneous boats
“Praise the lord and pass the ammunition” -Howell Forgy

Dang, I have a pair of Double Hauls I should send in. Rubber degrading and the lenses are loose in the frames.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Man, what a sweet deal. Usually they just charge $11.95 for a frame replacement, but since they couldn’t swap it out you got a whole new pair. What great service.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115