Costas

I burnt my eyeballs surfing about 10 years ago and have been a fan of Costa Del Mar ever since. I always used to buy them at Jackson Davenport Downtown. Used to be an older gentleman was the salesman and he would knock $70-80 off the price right off the rip. Plus he always gave me whatever free stuff they had in at the time. He kept me coming back, that’s for sure.

I recently broke the frames on my Stringers and seeing as they are about 4 years old, I decided to go get new pair and see if I could fix the old ones and give them to the lady. Well, the older gentleman wasn’t there, retired maybe, who knows? I pay the full price of $270. Ouch. Asked JD if they could put the lenses in some new frames. Saleswoman says “sure, for $75.” I’m thinking that this chick is crazy and end up mailing them back to Costa on my own.

I just got them back today. It was probably the easiest return that I’ve ever done. All online and no BS. $11.95 including shipping. And I will swear that unless they somehow super polished the 580 lenses, they are a brand new pair of glasses. Outstanding! If only every company operated like this…

Just thought I would share.

Narcosis

Mr Danny, he retired a little while ago. Used to just reach into a drawer full of lenses and pop one in for me.

I also did the real warranty claim earlier this year on a busted 10yr old pair of fathoms. Incredibly easy and fast, need to send in the other busted pair now too!

If you don’t mind me asking, how do you avoid losing them while surfing ???

17’ Mako

I sent in a pair because the rubber was deteriorating. I got a nice email back saying they no longer made that model and they could not be repaired. Told me to pick put a new pair and for $11.95 they’d ship them to me. I got a brand new pair of Cat Cays with 580 lenses for less than $20. I still like my Sunclouds better for everyday wear.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I recent;y had a Costa warranty issue as well…inside corner of one of the 580 glass lens cracked…not sure if it was a quality issue or I did something stupid…sent them in and $11.95 later I had brand new 580 glass lens and could not be happier with their whole warranty policy…I’ve never paid full price for a pair of Costas though…I set up an email alert on Steep and Cheap and since I sit behind a computer all day I am able to pounce on a good deal when it comes up…typically have paid around $100 a pair for 580 glass lens…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org