cotter key

I was changeing out props today to my 5 blade to go shrimping next week and dropped the key thru the prop into the foot of the motor!
Never do that in my 60 plus years of boating and it was a job to get it out. an hour later I got the little bastard out, It took holding a pen light in my mouth two pieces of bent coat hanger and a magnet on a sick! The Stainless pin didn’t want to stick to the magnet unless it was sideways it would not work on the ends. Tried gum on a stick that wouldn’t work. My little tool that has a claw on the end was rusted shut and would not work. Sure glad I wasn’t on a bank some where trying to do that! Makes me want another black motor

Ain’t boat ownership fun?

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

anyone that has turned wrenches has been there done that! Doesn’t it make you feel good when you finally get it!

I picked up a little streamlight off the snap on truck 5 or so years ago and I must say that is probably my most used tool. Was blue, now more silverfish…been through many AAAs Napa had some small LED pen lights for only $7 picked up a couple for back up.

get ya some of these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BT3X4FV/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07BT3X4FV&pd_rd_w=XbgiT&pf_rd_p=21517efd-b385-405b-a405-9a37af61b5b4&pd_rd_wg=dwKIq&pf_rd_r=E330M3YQACBETZJ06XZT&pd_rd_r=498b5b12-03ee-11e9-ba5f-4d00cf6be912

You needed some monkey $^&* ,that would have stuck to it.That’s what we used on the boats.

That monkey poop comes in handy from time to time, this would have been a good time.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”