Country Music

Ken Burns’ documentary on country music is really good. So far, I’ve watched the “Live at the Ryman” concert and Episode 1. I highly recommend it to all music fans, country or not.

I like both kinds of music,country and western.

I’ve got it ready to go this weekend!

I’ve abandoned country music and moved over to some country bluegrass…Tyler Childers, Dan Tyminski, Steeldrivers, etc…all on top of my lists now.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

I recorded the whole series. I have watched every one so far and cant say enough about how good it is. Last night’s episode “May the circle be Unbroken” brings back memories of my Dad playing that Nitty Gritty Dirt Band album when Mom would be out of the house. I added the whole album to my playlist to listen to later.

Ole Marty Stewart is coming to the fair. You cheap rednecks need to go check him out in all his bedazzled glory before he stops touring.

“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Ole Marty Stewart is coming to the fair. You cheap rednecks need to go check him out in all his bedazzled glory before he stops touring.

i]“Another poon dream splintered on the rocks of reality.” --Peepod 07-25-2017[/i]

Who you callin cheap?? If I was cheap, I wouldn’t be broke!!:wink:

its really good. started last week. for those that havent watched yet I am sure there will be reruns and streaming available.

I second that. I saw him in Macon, GA earlier this year and he and his band (The Fabulous Superlatives) knocked it out of the park. His guitar player (Kenny Vaughan) is as good as they get. https://youtu.be/4_fypxLVbs0

quote:

Of course it’s my opinion. Whose opinion were you expecting?

quote:

You SOB

quote:

BTW, It’s Marty Stuart

I just got my nudie suit drycleaned ,so I’ll be there to see MS.I’ll bring an extra scarf for you pea,I need a wingman,lots of dames at the fair.It’s a shame the fair doesn’t have beer,strippers or bear wrestling anymore.I liked it better when it was on Dorchester Rd.