Couple of Good Days

Starting off with a quick afternoon trip Sunday with the better half. The ride was chilly but the bite was warmer. Found some dinks willing to eat the cut shrimp on an outside bend with some downed trees and structure all though out. Fished played ball tol the water stopped at which point we called it a day. A good day!

Then on MLK day yesterday, a small crew of the me and the boys headed to the reef to see if the convicts are chewin… turned out they were… Wore em out and had yet another good day! Mr green jeans welcomed us back at the landing, checked us out and we were on our way. Home and cleaned up by 3!

4 Likes

Nice work on the Convicts!!

Is that a Sportsman Masters boat?

Great report and thanks for the bonus pictures

Way better way to spend MLK day that what I did. Nice post!

1 Like

Looks like a great time. Good job on the sheeps…

I think it’s a SeaHunt, EF, but I’ll check to be sure

thanks for the post

1 Like

Wow! You caught some huge ones! Did your arm hurt after that?

wow man those sheeps are legit. I now have started to itch in getting back out there. may take one of these 70 deg days coming up soon.

That’s some good fishing, right there.

Thanks, buddy. We’ll get together soon.

Nice work on the sheeps! Been meaning to try my luck at them at the nearshore, any tips??

1 Like

How did I miss this? My bad.

Well let’s see… I usually try to fish on top of or downstream of the structure, rubble and barges. 4-6 oz lead on 50lb braid to 30lb flouro leader with 3/0 Owner lightwire circle hooks. If your finder is flatlined bottom… move. Live bait, or fiddler imitation. I’ll put it to em too, STOP or POP! Get em up!

1 Like