Crab trabs in the channel

So I’ve always thought you could not put crab traps in the channel for obvious reasons, however I can’t find that rule on DNR’s website. I feel like I should not have to play dodge ball while running the channel, especially at night. Is it just too bad for me or can I report just about every trap in the Ashley river? my engine grabbed a float and took it all the way to a no wake zone before i even noticed it. It’s pretty ridiculous.

B.O.A.T. Bust Out Another Thousand!

2016 Sea Pro 219

I agree 110%! I don’t believe someone should have the right to place an obstruction in a marked channel.

17’ Mako
16’ Alumacraft

Put in at steel bridge on the combahee and head upriver!! I’ve always wondered… I just dodge and go with it. :smiley:

You might want to talk to the Coast Guard about it & see what they say. Perhaps, they can direct you to someone with the DNR who might actually want to deal with it. :wink:

Ashley River is horrible from Leeds Avenue Ramp towards Cosgrove with crab pots in the channel. Bad enough in the daytime, would hate to try to dodge them in the dark.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Dam those evil crabbers.I will talk to them about it but I think that is where most of the crabs are now.Its just part of life in the low country,you need to be looking for logs and stuff anyway .Just do like me and rob a few every now and then and you won’t feel so put out when you have to dodge the dang floats.