crabs

Saw an add yesterday that stated $20 per dozen. Is this not a bit much?

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Supply and demand… With all the cold weather most of the blue crabs or borrowed down in the mud. Talk to a crabber yesterday that ran 150 pots only got one bushel.

PROUD YANKEE

Oyster Baron

NMFS = No More Fishing Season

“Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him”

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Sounds like a good reason to Go to BI LO and get some snow crab legs for $8.99 a pound. :smiley:

Catchin crabs was always really tough this time of year for daddy too.
only good thing about the ones we caught was that they werent quite as quick to snap at our fingers :slight_smile:
Spring will soon be here and with it …soft shell crabs!! cant wait and already have a couple of daddys friends who have promised to save me a few…and have already had my uncles and a couple of friends offer me ride alongs on their boats.
I hope you all are doing well. Sorry I haven’t been on here much…is been tough for sure but feeling some better now. Daddy is always here with me in my many memories and times shared

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Hey Penny good to see you posting. Your Dad probably forgot more about crabs and crabbing than most people will ever know. I know you miss him, I think about my Mom and Dad everyday.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by carolinacoot

16’ Bonito 65 Johnson

Cooked for $20? I'm seeing more and more good being sold on Facebook these days and one of the items is Garlic crabs. Lots of folks selling Lumpia also.

After being released, a lot of fish die, but a lot of them live also.

Dfreedom…8ve missed y’all too.
Had to regroup on some things. I thank God everyday for my daddy’s blessings and teachings :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

This was 5 years ago…he made eorki g those tongs look so easy…i looked like I was wrestling a gorilla. He would laugh and laugh

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

One of my other favorite crabs mmm
Saw one grab both of daddy’s thumbs once…one in each claw…daddy just stood there…told me the trick was not to let them.know it hurt…yeah right. :slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Good to hear from you Penny! :slight_smile:

Capt. Garry Coats
Folly Beach & CHS
@DolphinChartersSC

:slight_smile:

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

Those clam tongs remind me of one of my first memories of bubbie. A friend and I bought a set together and were clamming one day when Bubbie pulled up. He watched us for a minute shaking his head and told us that 1 of us should go with him the next day. We declined the offer. Seems like we ran those things long enough to pay for them and maybe make beer money that week before retiring them.

Thank you so much for that memory.
I was so very blessed to have daddy and to share time with him .
This is one of my favorite pics…
Although I was right there with him I look at this now and wonder what he was thinking while he looked out across that MARSH.
What I do know is that he was happy…amd doing what he loved

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16

miss’n fish’n

212 SEAHUNT CC
Sea Squirt 16