Cracker Larry OK?

http://old.charlestonfishing.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=170049

Cape Man (Craig Watson) said he passed away yesterday afternoon. Prayers to the family. I’ll miss him as I’m sure we all will.

“Why Bruce?”

:roll_eyes:

“There is nothing better we can do for our future than to teach our children well”
Cracker Larry

Very sad to hear. Prayers to his family. CF family will surely miss him.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Larry will be missed greatly by many people I am quite certain. Larry made a connection with so many people on this site by being an open book and readily offering assistance and advice on what seemed like and endless number of topics he was knowledgeable on. I always joked that the “most interesting man in the world” had nothing on Larry and it was true. Every time he told another story about something from his life it felt like I was reading a book. I send my condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

quote:
Originally posted by Apickett

Larry will be missed greatly by many people I am quite certain. Larry made a connection with so many people on this site by being an open book and readily offering assistance and advice on what seemed like and endless number of topics he was knowledgeable on. I always joked that the “most interesting man in the world” had nothing on Larry and it was true. Every time he told another story about something from his life it felt like I was reading a book. I send my condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

All of this is true. I never met him and felt like he was a strong part of my family. Every word he shared was genuine. He was a remarkable component to this community and I’m sure any community he touched.

BG

The World was a much better place with Cracker Larry, and Heaven just got a lot more interesting…

RIP, Capt. Larry Teuton… AKA Swamp Worshiper…

RBF

well said RBF

I know who will be building all the boats in heaven now.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Definitely puts a cloud on the day…

quote:
Originally posted by 7cs

Definitely puts a cloud on the day…

My thoughts exactly…

There are two types of people in this world; givers and takers. Cracker Larry was, quite obviously, a giver. I wish that I had the chance to meet him. RIP and thank you for your contributions to this board and to the world. Heaven did gain a hell of a man.

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

I haven’t been on the board as long as some of you and don’t know Mr. Larry personally but it wasn’t hard to put together that he was a man that truly cared for people not only in his words but in his actions. I hope his family is doing ok and send them nothing but prayers and love. Mr. Larry was someone special, may he rest in peace and may God take care of our friend Cracker Larry.

Hate to hear this. RIP cracker larry

Never met Larry face to face , but posted several years ago that i was going to be fishing the Broad the following week for Cobs and what ever else that might be around if i could find them…Larry did not hesitate to say call me and i’ll tell you where to drown your bait for what you want to target;; a couple chats later i had my charts noted with his suggestions and they did/have not failed me when i’m there…Although we never met I consider CL a dear and close friend and also a brother
on the water and in uniform…
REST IN PEACE LARRY , YOU ARE MISSED AND MAY GOD OPEN HIS ARMS WIDE IN WELCOMING YOU HOME…

I never met him and rarely conversed directly with Larry on CF but I always admired his knowledge and his willingness to help others. He was timeless in that any generation would do well to listen to what he had to say.

I hope that someone can pass along our well wishes to his family. He was a special guy and I’m sure they’re hurting right now.

RIP Larry

First, Most, Biggest

I truly admired that guy. He will be missed.

Copy Paste from Cape Man on Bft/HHI thread.

Larry’s son Christopher just sent me a copy of the obituary that they posted. Love it! That was Larry!

Captain Larry Michael Teuton, born May 9th, 1954, died peacefully in his sleep on Sunday, May 7th, 2017, in the company of his loyal dogs and loving family. An electrician, master craftsman, pilot, and boat captain, Larry also holds the unique distinction of being right about nearly everything he has ever said. He is survived by his wife, Dori, who is a better woman than he ever deserved, and his son, Christopher, who knows that his father held no stock in obituaries.

Boat Builder

Here is the Legacy link for those that want to send a message to the family…

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/savannah/obituary.aspx?n=captain-larry-michael-teuton&pid=185354691

I am still trying to find the words…

RBF

Thanks RBF

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Beer Froth

Here is the Legacy link for those that want to send a message to the family…

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/savannah/obituary.aspx?n=captain-larry-michael-teuton&pid=185354691

I am still trying to find the words…

I’ve never read a more appropriate obit…tad bit of humor with the bare bones facts about a man who is almost beyond cool adjectives…makes me miss him even more…God bless his family and friends…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org