Crappie

Went Sunday nite. Loaded the boat. Ran out of bait. Nice size slabs.

Happy to hear that!! I’ve probably caught over 1500 Crappie at Greenwood this year, and not a slab yet? All caught on black, and chartreuse jigs. Maybe I need to go back to minners?

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same!!!

Went back Friday nite. Caught a few nothing like last week. The perch were thick as sharks. LOL I layed a rod down on the side of the boat and they jumped up and bit the hook lol.
You cant catch fish for the perch. Still had a good time

I took my wife, and daughter a few weeks back, while the Crappie were still near the shore. We caught so many that my wife, who’s always bored from not catching any fish, said that she was ready to go back, and catch some sun. I said no way, and my daughter and her friend started swimming off the dock I was anchored off of, and the fish kept biting!!

No slabs, but a great day on Lake Greenwood!! Thanks for your reports here.

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same!!!

Was up from Pawleys Island visiting the in-laws at Lake Greenwood on 7/8 and 9. Zillions upon zillions of mayflies swarming. Water dirty brown from all the rain. Caught one small crappie, threw him back.

Dave
Pawleys Island

no crappie reports for greenwood this year?

Any crappie reports?

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki

Caught one on a herring, striper fishing last week that was a super slab, wish I had a picture, filett was almost the size of the striper filetts

Boatpoor how has the striper fishing been i seen a good size one dead the other week near the state park. I never fished for them in Greenwood what general area is the best near the dam?

180cc Sea Pro
140hp Johnson

A 34# Striper came out of the Reedy River on Greenwood, a week or so back. Way up the Reedy!

…Politicians aren’t the “Oldest Profession”, but the results are still the same.

When they come for my guns and ammo. I plan on giving them the ammo. first!

quote:
Originally posted by 98seapro18

Boatpoor how has the striper fishing been i seen a good size one dead the other week near the state park. I never fished for them in Greenwood what general area is the best near the dam?

180cc Sea Pro
140hp Johnson

Right now anywhere from Goat Island to the dam. The oxygen bubbles are running at the dam now.

Carolina Skiff 218 DLV
140 Suzuki