Crappie??

Anyone been out to try them. This high water has keep me from going. They should be fat.

The santee system had some good reports when i was up there last week. I didnt crappie fish though. I heard they are pulling 2 lbers fairly commonly out the crappie hole on minnows and jigs.

Thanks Cory. I’m gonna have to give them a try this weekend.

2010 17’ JVX Carolina Skiff 40 Yamaha tiller

2002 14’ Alumacraft 30 Yamaha tiller

quote:
Originally posted by 40inchreds

The santee system had some good reports when i was up there last week. I didnt crappie fish though. I heard they are pulling 2 lbers fairly commonly out the crappie hole on minnows and jigs.

So where is this 'Crappy hole"? :smiley:

Friend of mine that retired last year and lives near Elloree, has a few area’s He and his wife fish for crappy when they are not racking in on the catfish. They have been doing very well on the crappy… and catfish.

This time of year they’re usually catchable in Goose Creek Reservoir close to the bridge. Very late in the evening seemed to always be the ticket.

We tried the hatchery on Saturday afternoon. We fished around the fallen trees with jigs and minnows no bites. We did see another boat fishing in the grass that caught a few crappie plus a cat in the twenty pound range that hit one of their float rigs. Still early for the pattern we were working. The warmest water we found was 48F needs to get around 55.

fish sleep repeat