Crappies

Somebody tell me a good crappie fishing story. I need to hear one after my last few trips.

A friend got 3 limits of big bream and crappie a few days ago on homemade brushpiles.

Don’t know if it qualifies as a “good” story, but I caught a 2 lb. crappie this past Wednesday morning on a live herring trolling for rockfish. She weighed exactly 2 lbs. on my Berkley digital scales.

A report that I got was that they were catching them on 1/64 oz jigs moving extremely slow on creek bends in 20 f.o.w.

-The size of a fish is directly proportional to the time between when it’s lost and the story is told. - Me
-What’s the best eating fish, you ask? I’ve found that for a lot people, its the ones that they happen to be able to catch, clean, and cook. - My Dad (1/13/37 - 9/27/16 I love you Pops)
-Until you have loved a dog, part of your soul remains unawakened. Anatole France (paraphrased)
-RIP my “Puppy Dog” 10/15/2004 - 1/14/2013. I’ll never forget him. What a special friend he was.
-Team Gonna Fish

Nice black crappie!

yall call them specks down in FL dont ya?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Good story, the pond behind Wal-Mart on ji has state record size crappie. 10 years ago, I caught about a 4lber. It has since been fenced off and untouched.

quote:
Originally posted by TheMechanic

yall call them specks down in FL dont ya?

Proline 201WA
Aloha 24ft pontoon (LooneyToon)
Old Town stern with 7.5 johnson

Most people in Florida call them specks but I rather call them by their normal name which is black crappie.Another example is that people in my area of the state call bowfin a mudfish but I prefer calling them bowfin.

Many years ago I was very good friends, and still am, with the son of a local fishing guide. One day we went to a home on lake Murray and I was shown what was said to be the SC record crappie. At that time the mount was in pretty bad shape but it was still very impressive. It waas about as long and wide as a newspaper page. I was told it was caught on a cane pole in front of a dock in what I think is now called Beards creek. If things work out I’ll be fishing with my friend later this week. I’ll ask him the details about that fish and post whether I remember correctly or not.