Credit Card Crooks

Regions Bank Fraud Dept just called me and said my card had been hit today in Bama and Fla. for several hundred dollars. biggest hit was at Bed, Bath and Beyond in Bama.

Thankfully they blocked and issuing me a new card.

Will find out more tomm when I go to bank.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Any chance you recently used the card at a gas pump?

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

Any chance you recently used the card at a gas pump?

Yesterday at Sams in Augusta.

It’s actually a Debit Card and have been spending more than the norm buying Christmas gifts.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

Had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Mine (my #) was used twice in Walterboro and 3 times in Edison, NJ, all within an hour of each other. Fortunately the bank covered it but they could not determine how it happened. Man I hate a thief.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
[i] Man I hate a thief.

Bingo!

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

You don’t do online banking? You should be able to see all of the charges. They won’t hold you liable for any of it. Usually they just refund you and move on without any hassle…

SJ, I logged on while talking to rep with Regions and nothing showing…yet. They had blocked the charges and need to go by bank Tomm to sign claim.

Really glad at the moment that they were on top of this so quickly.

btw, i check acct online on a daily basis.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

quote:
Originally posted by DoubleN

SJ, I logged on while talking to rep with Regions and nothing showing…yet. They had blocked the charges and need to go by bank Tomm to sign claim.

Really glad at the moment that they were on top of this so quickly.

btw, i check acct online on a daily basis.

NN

www.joinrfa.org/

That's interesting that they are making you come in... I've had it happen to me a few times, and have always done it over the phone. As long as you can identify charges, it's no big deal. I actually had an incident where I accidentally swapped cards at a bar with a perfect stranger. When I closed out my tab, we had the same last name and bank, and I didn't realize they gave me the wrong card back. I think the guy must have eventually called it in as stolen. I went around for a few days with normal spending not realizing that I had someone else's card. Eventually it started to get declined. I called the bank pretty ticked off because I knew I had money in my account. They asked me to read the card number. I did. "Mr Skinnee, that is not your card number, please read the name". As soon as I read the name, I realized that the first name was "James" or something like that. I was like, "Uhhh, oops!" But here is the best part... They removed all of his charges from my account, depositing that cash back into my account. Yet they never held me liable for the money that I spent on his card. I asked, "Hey, I know the charges that I put on his card, do you want me to tell them to you?" They were like "No. Not necessary. We have insurance that covers this and we will just file a claim". So, after everything was said and done, I got like $500 worth of "free" stuff even though I was more than happy to correct it. They really had no interest.

And, from what I can tell AMEX has the most serious algorithm… They called me once and said someone had stolen my card. Their total loss was like $1.30 or something. Person took my card and bought something small that got approved. Then, they went and tried to purchase $300 at the dollar store and got blocked. I wish I could have seen the look on their faces after shopping for probably an hour…

By the way, do you guys remember the stunt on here where someone was selling Black Bart lure packages at high discounts under the name “Wounded Warrior Fund” or something like that? I think I ended up spending $600-$700 dollars. I started having suspicions that it was fraudulent after nothing was shipped and there was no communication. I called the bank to let them know what happened. They put every penny back into my account within 24 hours. Sometimes it pays to use plastic.

It also pays to buy the gas cards from Hatrris Teeter and use those at the pump. Criminals can steal your info via bluetooth now while sitting in the parking lot. within range of a pump that they have installed their devices in.

Down here is where a signature goes but they can confuse and anger some people so I don’t have one.

I thought my filling up from the shrimp dock, with purple diesel was a gamble. So much for getting caught with dyed fuel, they steal all your money AFTER you pay for a fill-up at a fillin’ station now? huh.

SKinnee, there were 2 charges that posted to acct. They were $3 each for Cocca Cola New Orleans. Bank said those were “Test Runs” to see if acct was legit. Bank just wanted me to sign document stating these were not from me.

Merry Christmas All,
NN

www.joinrfa.org/

tis the season… had 2 of my cards compromised with 2 different banks. each bank was on top of it and charges were either declined or being reimbursed.

ridiculous!

“mr keys”