Credit card question

I am looking for recommendations on the best rewards credit card. I have only one currently that I supposedly get cash back but for how much I charge it doesn’t seem like much but its better than nothing. I would really like sky miles so I was hoping someone may have a good recommendation. Im not worried about interest rate so much Bc I pay it off every month I just feel like there’s gotta be something better out there than what I have. Thanks in advance for the help

When I was looking, the capital one venture cards seemed to have the best rewards program out there. They are good for hotel, flights and rentals cars and you don’t have to book through them. You book the travel through any website or over the phone and pay with the card, then get reimbursed later. It depends on how much you will be spending annually if the venture with the $59 annual fee will be worth it. It offers 2% back towards travel on all purchases. I have had the card for 3 years and haven’t run into any problems redeeming the points.

AmEx blue Cash. Been using it for 2 years and love it.If you buy a lot of groceries and gas it pays out well. I only used it for gas/groceries and I get back about $700 a year. Pay the balance in full each month, and it cost about $75 annually. There are websites that take your spending habits, and will tell you which is the best cash back card for you. Most people I tell that too always says the AmEx is the best, but not everyone will qualify.

“Wailord”
1979 17’ Montauk
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

I used to have an amex with delta skymiles. Now I have a VISA with Chase. It gives skymile rewards with southwest. When I got the card they gave me 50000 miles right off the bat. For most purchases I get one mile for every dollar spent. Some hotels and car rentals will double or triple points. As far as southwest goes, I love it! Cant imagine I would ever fly delta again.

Also southwest miles program is vastly superior to delta/amex (imo). Wife and I went to Phoenix round trip for 35000 miles. You can give miles for free (delta charges for that). Sometimes they will have promos where you can buy miles for as much as three per dollar.

Karma is 360 degrees

Some got to win, some got to lose…

Thank you my card now is chase and I will look into just transferring to the sky miles ESP since they use southwest I have flown them and like it. I am building a cottage on my property soon and paying out of pocket and my plan was to put all my materials since I am pretty much building it
Myself then paying it off immediately so I can rack up some points to buy a plane ticket to take a fishing trip somewhere. Thank yall for the help i will look into the above mentioned

quote:
Originally posted by TIGHT LINE

When I was looking, the capital one venture cards seemed to have the best rewards program out there. They are good for hotel, flights and rentals cars and you don’t have to book through them. You book the travel through any website or over the phone and pay with the card, then get reimbursed later. It depends on how much you will be spending annually if the venture with the $59 annual fee will be worth it. It offers 2% back towards travel on all purchases. I have had the card for 3 years and haven’t run into any problems redeeming the points.

I've still got my Capital One but don't use it. Out of the Blue my interest rate went from 11.9% to 18.% never a late payment and all payments paid off in full. I love my Chase. AMEX can be a pain as a lot don't take it due to them holding off payment for 90 days to vendors. ..... or that used to be the case..

Wells Fargo has a cc that pays toward the principle of your mortgage -if your mortgage is with them.

Send lawyers, guns, and money - The poop has hit the fan.

Chase rewards cash card, no annual fee

the mileage cards and others aren’t really a deal, when you calculate how much you have to spend to “earn” the airline ticket you’ll find that with a cash rewards card you’ll have more cash for the same amount spent, you can buy the airline ticket and have cash left over, I just apply the cash to my balance

1% on all purchases, 5% on certain purchases each quarter, the bonus categories are always: gas, restaurants and similar stuff that you buy all the time

Pioneer 197SF

Thanks blue sky, someone else I talked to said the same thing as you and it makes sense. Also can a cc company just raise your limit without askin you? My limit has been raised 3 times in the last 6 months for a total of 20k which I don’t care because I only
Spend what Inknow i can pay but it was just kind of odd to me. Im new to the whole cc thing so I just don’t know what is normal. I guess they are trying to get me to spend more and get me
On the interest . Thanks guys for all the help

Blue Sky is exactly right. If you are going to use the rewards for travel and will be spending $700 or more per month on the card, I would suggest you look into the Capital One Venture card even with the $59 annual fee you will come out on top vs. any cards I have seen. You don’t earn miles towards flights with certain airlines, you can book on any airline. Earn 2% on all purchases.

^^^That’s exactly what we do. Venture card is great.

I don’t do cards with annual fees

they raise your limit to give you more room to spend, if you handle your credit properly it is actually a good thing, a major part of your credit rating is the amount of credit you have access too versus how much credit debt you carry, the lower the ratio the better

that’s why you shouldn’t cancel a credit card, and that’s why I don’t use cards with annual fees, if you stop using it you will have to pay the annual fee to keep your credit history

but if you goof up and start using the credit and can’t pay it each month, that’s a bad problem

I love the callers trying to sell me on their card with low introductory interest rates, I tell them I have a card with 0% - they don’t charge me anything, after frustrating them for as long as possible I finally tell them - pay it off each month = a 0% loan

if anyone is interested in the Chase Visa card I can refer you and you’ll get a cash bonus after you spend a certain amount of money, I think it’s $500, or you can just go online and get the card yourself

Pioneer 197SF