credit unions

I want to dump SCFCU - cant get anyone on the phone without holding 20+ minutes and I have no patience for that.

Are there any other good credit unions in town that you guys would recommend?

Cpm

Heritage Trust FCU has always done right by me.

Allsouth, Navy Federal

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

CPM

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

I dumped SCFCU years ago!! Joined NFCU and haven’t looked back since!!

Skeeter ZX2200 W/ Yamaha 200

I work for a small commercial/community bank.We only have three branches.Every inbound call is answered by a human being.The problem is that we don’t have cheap car and home equity loans, so I guess you pick your poison.We have a home equity line at CPM and its a real pain if I have to call them and go through a phone tree.

I’ve had SCFCU for years, never had an issue, also have an account at Allsouth, hate the branch we do business at, its got to have the slowest service of anywhere Ive ever been.

Heritage Trust has taken care of me, and I have always received prompt answers from them.

Scott Fulton
AgentOwned Realty
Scott.Fulton@AgentOwnedRealty.com

+1 for Navy Federal
Been great to me

Full service type shop, or just for regular old deposit accounts? If only deposit accounts, willing to move to an online bank? Ally and Schwab - direct deposit, mobile check deposit, no fees, reimbursed ATM fees, interest-bearing checking, and higher savings interest rates (.99% at Ally).

Wells Fargo hasn’t really been cutting it for me recently (relatively constant sales calls finally did it), so I started moving stuff over to one of the online guys a little while back. Only thing I can’t figure out is cash deposits - likely keeping my 20+ year old savings account open at WF for that.

I left Heritage Trust after a car deal went south. It appears that their lending practices make it impossible to purchase a vehicle online. They asked if the seller could drive the vehicle down from Indiana so they could inspect the VIN and title before issuing a loan. Called my CU in New Mexico and had approval in 20 minutes and a check in my account in 1 hour. Lost a heck of a deal on truck 1 and finally found another Cummins powered Ram that fit my needs/wants in Indiana (ebay). Had several other issues with HT and finally had to quit them and went to SCFCU. So far, I’m happy with them.

14’ CMF Skiff
25 Johnson - 2 stroke
14’ Heritage Redfish

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.”
Ernest Hemingway