Creek at mouth of Shem Creek name?

I know what I think it’s called (which I’ll keep to myself to not influence replies), but what do y’all call it?

I’m talking about the small creek with its mouth on the left just at the end of Mt Pleasant’s Shem Creek park boardwalk (as you enter from the harbor), running next to the Patriot’s Point golf course and that neighborhood back there.

Thanks in advance

horse creek?

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

this is in the wrong forum. Admin, band him

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Skinnee’s secret skrimp deep hole creek?

Redfish Baron Extraordinaire

www.baturinphotography.com

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

this is in the wrong forum. Admin, band him

“I am not involved in this thread, only helping Fred understand who he is dealing with.”

Having said that, PeaPod is not involved with this thread, only helping Native Son understand who he’s dealing with.

Paddleboard Alley

I think it’s called Horse Creek also. On Mt Pleasant property maps it’s shown as “Bayview Canal” and I’ve heard it referred to as Bayview Creek since Bayview is the neighborhood there.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

There are a few cougars that hangout at Waters Edge that think it’s called BJ creek…

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014

I guess there are some stories behind that.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Originally posted by 23Sailfish

Skinnee’s secret skrimp deep hole creek?

Not any more... I'm married now!
quote:
Originally posted by CaptFritz

There are a few cougars that hangout at Waters Edge that think it’s called BJ creek…

Charleston City Papers Best Guide of 2014 and most best-est breeder puppy drum fisher man.

By BJ, you do mean boring job, right? Or perhaps the reference is to the fact that they play black jack and eat Ben and Jerry ice cream? Or perhaps a lot of Bubble Jet printers were dumped to make an inshore reef?

Ahh, I give up. I’m just too pathetic to figure it out.

and 3…2…1… I’m an asshat. :smiley: good night fritz. :sunglasses:

Native, Horse Creek not “Bayview Canal”. I’d go with slowpoke on Paddle board before bayveiw. Did you ever travel that area before it was commercialized? Even before the Thunderstar. much before the thunderstar.

Yes, Horse Creek is the name I know it as. Though, admittedly, only from recent years. Before that I only thought of it as “that little creek off Shem Creek.”

I’m 42 so I only ever knew Shem Creek as having The Trawler (the big red one, with the fake pirate scene inside the entrance) and commercial fishing.

From old maps, it looks like Patriot’s Point was called Hog Island and Horse Creek connected to the harbor to make it an actual island.

I thought is was called Hoarse creek due to the raspy voices of all the Cougars and the BJs. Takes a toll on the vocal cords…

RBF

Too far.

quote:

Too far.

Sounds like a Cougar response…

Geez, lighten up a little. Blame Fritz, he started it…

RBF

This is a family friendly site. Grow up.

quote:

This is a family friendly site. Grow up.

Does growing up mean I have to have an animation of a monkey wearing glasses and smoking a cigarette… If so, I am digging the being a grown-up thang…

I do prefer orangutans though… Right-turn Clyde…

RBF