current bait and rigs

what’s everyone having the most success with right now in the copahee and paradise areas? plastics? muds? haddrells has some fiddlers and shrimp now? what are you guys having success with? ive had early season success with berkely gulp “natural” shrimp 3". Anyone have any suggestions on their rigging? leaders, weights, floats? thanks ahead for any replies!

happy fishin’.

funny… IFA is next weekend and now theres a flurry of quetions on whats workin :wink:

“Paddle faster boys… I hear banjo music!”
SC Chapter Coordinator- Heroes on the Water
http://www.HeroesOnTheWater.org
Charleston Director- SCKayakfishing.com
Tarpon 160os

Heard chicken livers been working well.

Hobie Fishing Team
Fin-Tech Pro Staff

Thanks for the help guys! I heard they were liking pate and foie GRAS as well. Maybe I’ll make them some sandwhiches too.

happy fishin’.

Everyone will be happy to answer your quesions… on Monday

Who’s ready for a sleigh ride?
www.kayakfishsc.com

hahaha. That’s fine by me! Just looking to enjoy some fishing and hopefully reciprocate some
knowledge along the way. :slight_smile:

happy fishin’.

Hey Andy,
Thanks for coming on board. Everybody’s a little skittish this week because of the IFA tourney on Sunday.

www.kayakfishsc.com

i dont care who you are that chicken liver remark was funny as hell.

quote:
Originally posted by Ross

i dont care who you are that chicken liver remark was funny as hell.

I’ll bet it works too. :clown_face:

www.kayakfishsc.com

agreed and agreed! i think i might make it a point to catch a fish out at paradise next week and post the pic on here! haha :slight_smile:

happy fishin’.

Who knows, could be the new wonder bait for Reds. Now that would be funny!
TB2

TimBuck2
Native Watercraft Ultimate 14.5
Jimmy Buffett can have Margaritaville, I’m going to Redfishville!

Have only been fishing bushy, wando and the ville. Where is paradise?

Tarpon 120

quote:
Originally posted by GAredfish

Where is paradise?

Tarpon 120

Meatloaf says you can see it by the dashboard light. :stuck_out_tongue:

www.kayakfishsc.com

what’s everyone having the most success with right now in the copahee and paradise areas? plastics? muds? haddrells has some fiddlers and shrimp now? what are you guys having success with? ive had early season success with berkely gulp “natural” shrimp 3". Anyone have any suggestions on their rigging? leaders, weights, floats? thanks ahead for any replies!

so yeah, i cut and pasted all of the above. its monday now boys!.. :wink:

and by the way, thanks to everyone who was at the ifa tourney this weekend. even though i got skunked on legal trout in my fourst tourney, it was still a very cool experience. congrats again to all the winners, couldnt be any more jealous… :smiley:

happy fishin’.

Hey Andy
Good meeting you at the Capts meeting and weigh in. The redfish at Paradise are easiest to locate on the last 2 hours of outgoing and first 2 of incoming.
Baits. #1 in most people’s book would be cut mullet chunks. I caught my reds Saturday and Sunday on Gulp 2" new penny shrimp. I also like to throw CAL DOA paddle tail grubs in new penny and rootbeer at Paradise because of the tannin stained water. I fish the gulp shrimp and grubs on a 1/4 to 3/8 oz jig head with a 2/0 J hook. Used to use DOA jig heads, but after snapping 2 hooks on good fish in 10 minutes they’ll never be in my tackle box again.

Mud minnows under docks will produce reds, trout, and flounder. It’s early for flounder yet, but give it a few weeks and they’ll show up.

I fish a popping cork rig a lot either with bait or artificials. I usually have 3-4 feet of fluoro laeder and a 1/0 J hook for arties or a 2/0 circle hook for bait.

I used to fish a carolina rig a lot but in the past year I’ve gone to lighter and lighter weight. Most of the time no more than 1 or 2 split shot on my leader for bottom fishing. I’ll add weight if the current is causing problems.

Give me a shout if you want to go out and fish. I’m on the water every Saturday and a few other times when I can sneak away.

www.kayakfishsc.com

wow thanks so much for the info too busy! this is more info than i had ever hoped for and im more than grateful. theonly question i have left is what # test do you guys use? yeah i will def try and get out there as much as possible. i usually am able to go out on sundays and whatever other random day off i can get. have a great day and thanks again!

happy fishin’.

no sweat. If you haven’t checked out my Examiner page yet, please do.
http://www.examiner.com/x-35226-Charleston-Fishing-Examiner

I covered a lot in the redfish and trout 3 part series. I usually write 4 or 5 short articles per week. Subscribe and you get an e-mail alert when I put up a new article.

www.kayakfishsc.com