Cut the line…It Works!

Thought I would share an interesting fish photo from several weeks ago. I have always cut my line when a fish swallows the hook but never really knew if the fish survived. Well here’s the proof! Very pleasing to see this!

2 Likes

I have caught a couple over the years with a line/hook in them or coming out of them. I think they are pretty hardy that way.

Heck yea, caught one with a rattle trap coming out his bung! I was like whoa wtf haha :smile:

Good reminder though! Livewell working like a charm?

1 Like

That fish now knows what eating a Carolina Reaper feels like…

1 Like

It is! But I’m going to change to a different chip. When I fished the Wando in August the internal temp of the chip exceeded the spec and caused core dumps and reset. I fixed it by saving the state of the power switch to EEPROM so that when the chip reset the pump would start running again. It’s a hack…I’ll finish with the new design over winter and have a new version for spring. It sure is handy to have the control on my Apple Watch!! I don’t think I get used anything else now.

1 Like

Oh yeah no doubt. We received a pic once of a TexasEye coming out the ol’ bung :slight_smile: