Cyber Crime/Security

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q8xz8xKEFvU

<b>WOW</b>

I’m so glad my phone came with a flashlight from the factory!

'06 Mckee Craft
184 Marathon
DF140 Suzuki

You just can’t trust anything, anymore! Why would you need an APP, to turn a flashlight on and off, anyway:question:

I use one called Private Flashlight. 73 kb, nothing but a flashlight. Don’t think that flashlight apps are the only ones doing this.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

I just checked the data usage on the flash light that came installed on my Galaxy3 and found that it had stored 8.00 KB of data ? not much, but why would a flash light need to store data at all? The total is 2.23 MB for the app itself. Am I mistaken in thinking that a KB is greater than a MB?

Key West 1520
70 Yami
She’s little, but she’s pretty, skinny and fast.

Negative. A kilobyte is smaller than a Mega byte. There are 1,000 kb in a mb.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by saltwater420

I just checked the data usage on the flash light that came installed on my Galaxy3 and found that it had stored 8.00 KB of data ? not much, but why would a flash light need to store data at all? The total is 2.23 MB for the app itself. Am I mistaken in thinking that a KB is greater than a MB?

Yes you’re mistaken. Here is the break-down on bytes;

1 Byte = 8 Bit
1 Kilobyte = 1,024 Bytes
1 Megabyte = 1,048,576 Bytes
1 Gigabyte = 1,073,741,824 Bytes
1 Terabyte = 1,099,511,627,776 Bytes

8 kb of data isn’t much indeed given what we conceive of file size, but encrypted CSV files for date and time stamps are extremely small (possibly even including gps coordinates). A 1500 character txt file in ASCII can be as small as 2 kb. That’s a ton of info!

[edit]

Guess I should have said 3/4 ton. :sunglasses:

“Negative. I’m a meat popsicle!”
www.atlanticredcrab.com

Thanks guys, hard to believe I didn’t know that, lol seems like everyone else does. Asked that question at HH after work yesterday and everybody looked at me like I’d forgotten my pants. Oh well, sometimes you feel like a nut sometimes you don’t!

Key West 1520
70 Yami
She’s little, but she’s pretty, skinny and fast.