Dang computer and Win10

Well heck. I’ve got fairly new computer, a real good Dell, running Win7 Pro. It took me awhile to figure out Win7 but I like it a lot. The computer kept asking me to upgrade to Win10 and I kept telling it no thanks. Went to bed last night running W7 and woke up this morning with W10. WTH? It didn’t have my permission to do that. I can’t even figure out how to return it to it’s original OS. Anybody else have this happen?

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Mine did the samething Monday night. I just declined everything and it asked me if I wanted to go back to my previous Windows. I clicked yes and it did the rest. Prop took 15 minutes for it to revert back, but all is working fine and there is no sign of 10

I wouldn’t be afraid of 10 really. It’s pretty intuitive. Wayyyyy better than 8.

Have Windows on my home machine since my wife uses it. But, on all my other hardware (and, there are several), I’m running CentOS, a free version of Redhat linux.

The desktop and applications are solid.
Install is easier that Windows, now.

RE: windows 10, once you get used to it, it is not bad. But, I hate the way Microsoft insists on ‘helping’ you. Hate it.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25

Weird, mine never gave the option to revert to the original OS.

Yall are right though, after a couple hours messing with it I’ve pretty much got it figured out. It isn’t that hard.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

I still like 7 better!

Cracker Larry and Easy, do y’all still have your Jitterbug phones too? just messin’ with you both…we’re privileged to have your guidance and leadership on this board…just try not to confuse PeaPod with such big words…

The Morris Island Lighthouse www.savethelight.org

The Pods my buddy! You leave him out of this. Besides he’s still running Windows 95:wink:

Pea is my buddy too :smiley:

quote:
Cracker Larry and Easy, do y'all still have your Jitterbug phones too?

Nah, I like gadgets. I’ve got the latest greatest Samsung. Can’t but half work it either, but I struggle along.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

thanks boys.

I’m taking a hiatus. long story

a system restore will probably undo the upgrade. skinnee, help him out please

Good point Pee! Larry you gona keep 10 or do you want 7 back! Do a system restore and set a restore point/date before the change happened! Pee, why didn’t I think of that! That’s my go-to when I mess the puter up!:smiley: I don’t like the photo edit stuff on 10! Hard to figure out how to resize!

So far I think I’m going to stick with the 10 for a few days and see how I like it. No problems so far. I use Photoshop or Photobucket for picture editing, so I don’t really care what the MS editor does. Probably need to learn it anyway.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

You have about 30 days to do it. It’s easy. Try this link or google ‘How to revert back from windows 10’.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

quote:
thanks boys.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Was wondering about you the other day. Hope all is well.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Some say windows is spying on you
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/windows-10-spying-almost-everything-opt-130502898.html

I put Linus Ubuntu on another laptop I have about 2 weeks ago and I really like it . Getting used to command lines .Overall it is fast and open source so no virus , trogans etc. they say !?

You can go back to 7 if you want . http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/going-back-to-windows-7-or-windows-81

Shooting that groundhog yesterday at 135 yards with my 22 mag was way more fun than Linux or Ubuntu today .

quote:
Some say windows is spying on you

No doubt in my mind about that! I’m sure that Google is too. Heck, everybody is nowadays. I don’t worry about that too much, ain’t got much to hide anyway.

quote:
Shooting that groundhog yesterday at 135 yards with my 22 mag was way more fun than Linux or Ubuntu today

I hear ya! I got so frustrated with the dang thing that I turned it off, pulled out my M14 and blew the dust out of it with a few hundred rounds. Didn’t have anything around to kill or I probably would have. Only problem is that at 740 rounds a minute it only takes a few trigger squeezes to eat a few hundred $ in ammo. It will make you grin though! One thing I can count on about the rifle is that nobody will sneak in and change it’s OS while I’m asleep :smiley:

Been missing you PP. Hope all is well!!

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

quote:
Originally posted by DFreedom
quote:
thanks boys.

</font id=“quote”></blockquote id=“quote”>

Was wondering about you the other day. Hope all is well.

I heard he was quitting his job to become a professional guide scouter at the grillage.

At least that’s what I’ve been telling people…

May all your favorite bands stay together…

That’s going to tick off some of the already established guides is it not?

MS will start charging for upgrade to 10 in the near future-no more free upgrades.
I’ve been using 10 ever since it came out.
Easy to handle; I like it a lot.

16’ Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat
25hp Yammy 4 stroke

quote:
Originally posted by sternline

MS will start charging for upgrade to 10 in the near future-no more free upgrades.
I’ve been using 10 ever since it came out.
Easy to handle; I like it a lot.

16’ Alumacraft Mod V Hull Jon Boat
25hp Yammy 4 stroke

After July 29, 2016 they will start charging for Windows 10. I think $119 for the basic OS.