Dash Cam Recommendations?

My wife had an accident last year that she was originally faulted for until traffic cam video exonerated her. A dash cam would have proven her innocence at the scene. With 5 cars in our family fleet (4 driven regularly), I started thinking about getting dash cams. I would like to find a decent one under $100 since I’m looking at buying 4. Can anyone recommend a decent one under $100 and offer any practical advice/personal experience with dash cams?

Thanks in advance.

I bought one for my daughter, a few years back, at Big Lot’s, for under thirty bucks. Nifty little gadget, with some nice features! Never really needed it, due to an accident, but shared quite a few laughs, watching the recordings.

For the record, it was just a novelty, stocking stuffer, but worked out nicely!

Your best bet at Harbor Island is probably going to be the surf… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is a ton of options out there.
Look for something with a lot of side view. You also want something with a memory card. And battery backups not a bad idea…

I too got saved by camera footage from a gas station.

Thanks for the input so far…and the fishing as well MN.

1 Like

what’d you decide on DF? I got 2 but I don’t recommend them.

I have been pretty busy this week so haven’t made a decision yet. I know you get what you pay for but, looking at 4, don’t want $100+ dash cams. For every good review I find on one, I find one that counters it. Probably going to try 1 at first, either an Apeman, CrossTour of an Orskey and see how it works out then go from there.

What brands are yours?

2 apeman. both still working. they loop on an sd card. fine so far. only fine. the bottom one litterlly delaminated screen & board due to heat

Good to know, thank you Sir.

Let us know what you figger out. You’ll do way more DD than the rest of us

I’ll let you know when I get one and try to give a full report.