daughter needs a car

Shes growing up too fast!!!..Need to get daughter a car so she can grow up faster and stay out past curfew. My budget is $2500 which isn’t much but not looking to get her a lexus or something like others can. If anyone has or knows of someone that has one for sale id appreciate any help. Craigslist is just giving me run around with spam and crap. So, hitting the pavement.

The insurance is the real bummer…

NN

07, 23 Key West, Twin 115 Yammys

“Coastal Bound”

www.joinrfa.org/

Oh im sure, haven’t looked into that yet, been putting it off,kinda scared to LOL…I think its worse for boys.

Does it have to be a car? How about a good use Pick Up? Check out the PU, in the Swap Shop forum!

Hate to say it, but in today’s times $2500 won’t get you much. Last year I got my Daughter a 2007 Mazda B2300 for $4200 with 110,000 miles on it. After Obuma’s cash for clunkers, you just can’t find a decent used vehicle for a decent price.

Bargain shop by all means, but it being your daughter don’t get something that you will be worrying about her driving.

At your budget look to some close friends or family for a good deal. Won’t find much on the open market in that range. IMO.

Good luck and if she stay’s out past curfew… TAKE THE KEYS!:smiley:

Thanks for advice,i knew I wouldn’t get far in the market today. Went looking and you are right, I wouldn’t want to put her in a car what that much will buy me.

quote:
The insurance is the real bummer...

This. My insurance doubled when we added our son. He has a 1999 Chevy S10 and even with the “good grade” discounts and driver’s ed class, it is still ridiculous. He is currently down in Charleston at school and his truck is in Columbia and there is a whopping $8.00/mo discount.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

quote:
Originally posted by MyHooker111

Shes growing up too fast!!!..Need to get daughter a car so she can grow up faster and stay out past curfew. My budget is $2500 which isn’t much but not looking to get her a lexus or something like others can. If anyone has or knows of someone that has one for sale id appreciate any help. Craigslist is just giving me run around with spam and crap. So, hitting the pavement.

Do you have any contacts that own a used car dealership that may be able to take you to a wholesale auction? There are some very good deals there…

Grace gives us what we do not deserve… Mercy does not give us what we do deserve. -Charles Stanley

Drumreaper…yes, I have a friend who runs Dick Smith up in Columbia and hes looking into trade ins he has up that way for me. Hopefully he will find something. I have bought my last 4 cars from him. Guess its who ya know, not what ya know. Thanks for advice.

I know it may not be “cool” for her… but used Crown Vic Police Interceptors… can be found with 130-140k for 2500-3k.

Its all my buddy drives - he gets them cheap and puts 100-150k on them. Typically trouble free.

Got an '04 explorer I’m putting up for sale this week for $3200. Had it since new and all service done at Palmetto Ford. Just bought a new car and don’t want to keep an extra around. Will likely need at least two new tires, but other than that it’s in good working order. Shoot me a message on here if you are interested.

KeyWest15

Try to get someone to take you to the auction in Summerville.

quote:
I know it may not be "cool" for her... but used Crown Vic Police Interceptors... can be found with 130-140k for 2500-3k.

That was my son’s first car, and he wrapped it around a tree going about 100 mph. Teenagers really don’t need that interceptor engine[:0]

Based on my past experience with teenage drivers, I’d get something 4 cylinder, pre-dented and with real good airbags :slightly_smiling_face:

Capt. Larry Teuton
Cracker Built Custom Boats

“Ships are the nearest things to dreams that hands have ever made.” -Robert N. Rose

BOOM!!! You can thank me later!!! Make sure you get the cherry licorice dispenser installed!!!

Oh My God, the Pacer. Only a Gremlin could be sweeter. Man AMC made some fugly cars.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”.

Several people contacted me about the explorer I mentioned. It’s in the classified section if you are still interested.

KeyWest15

quote:
Originally posted by KeyWest15

Several people contacted me about the explorer I mentioned. It’s in the classified section if you are still interested.

KeyWest15

Looks like just the right car…

Can’t go wrong with that Explorer. I had the same car, very dependable for the money invested. Maybe expect to have to replace small items along the way, like sensors, wheel bearings, accessories, etc. Nothing a backyard mechanic can’t do. That engine has been around a bagillion years, so parts are very common. Body on frame construction, can take a hit pretty good. Much better than any unibody CUV or car you would end up buying for the same price.

“Banana Pants”
Indigo Bay 170
90 Johnson

Wilderness Ride 115

Put it up for sale last night. Had it sold before 8AM this morning. Thanks for those that were interested.

KeyWest15

Neighbor selling their jetta nice car really close to your price range 150,000 miles, leather interior, and silver nice looking car… Don’t know much more about it PM me if interested and I can get you in touch…

Sea Hunt 225
Yamaha F200