Daughter

Ok, so I dont like talking about it but here it goes. Daughter is getting her own apt. at 18, which Im proud of. Grrrrrrrrrr. If anyone has any furniture, pot and pan sets, end tables, lamps, etc…for a young one starting out that they dont want please let me know. Im on James Is. and will come pick it up,reluctantly. (**() kids,noone told me they would grow uppppp

I would also suggest Goodwill. We have bought quite a few odds and ends for our son to take to college. We once found a like new sleeper sofa and matching chair for $100. It had come from a hotel remodel. A quick steam clean and it looked like new.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

Can’t beat the finds at Goodwill, need to go every day tho! I found a new 10’ 5/8 cast net for $10.00 last year!

Yep, looking there as well as yard sales, just thought I would throw it out there if anyone was thinking of getting rid of theirs. Thanks all

My oldest daughter moved out at 18. I was hurt at first, but gave her support. I sat her down and to her displeasure made her make a financial list of all expenses… which included her paying for her own car insurances, food, light bill, cable, phone, and everything else mom and dad where covering. Of course Dad did help a “little” bit when times got hard, but not much. She has now given me 3 wonderful grandchildren and a proud husband that I am proud to call my son.

Keep a watchful eye, and give the best support you can!! I’m sure she is partnering up with someone to make this happen. Make sure she has good company!

At 18 she is and adult! Good luck MyHooker! God Bless!

OH, so I stick to topic… Sorry don’t have any pots and pans to share… Dfreedom and boatpoor gave some good advice with Goodwill.

“Why Bruce?”

Fred67…yeah, went over that with her a year ago, and she has been saving and saving. She has actually got more than I do in my savings account. So shes realizing she will need room mates and did find one, and in the process of moving out. Grrrr…anywho, its hard but wife is taking it harder. I just tell her Im proud of her and its all part of growing up, means shes becoming independent. All I can do now is be there for her when she needs daddy. C’est la vie

quote:
Originally posted by MyHooker111

Fred67…yeah, went over that with her a year ago, and she has been saving and saving. She has actually got more than I do in my savings account. So shes realizing she will need room mates and did find one, and in the process of moving out. Grrrr…anywho, its hard but wife is taking it harder. I just tell her Im proud of her and its all part of growing up, means shes becoming independent. All I can do now is be there for her when she needs daddy. C’est la vie

:smiley: Growing pains!

My Youngest is fixing to turn 22 and graduate from College, not sure she’ll ever move out! Fine by me! She has finally found a pretty good dude she’s getting serious with.

“Why Bruce?”

I have an older tube type TV I am about to put to the road if you’re interested. Maybe 24 or 26 inches.

Fishing Nerd

“skilled labor isn’t cheap, cheap labor isn’t skilled”

My oldest daughter has some furniture and kitchen stuff stored in my garage that I would just love for her to get out of there. PM me in a day or so and by that time I will know if there is anything she is willing to part with.