deer moving

I checked my cam that sends me pics and have deer moving all night and until 8:30 this morning. I am going to be there this afternoon and for the next 4 days or until I get a big one.

Checked a cam the other day. 7 Bucks, all moving in the dark. Some Does moving all hours of the day or night.

Saw 5 deer at my stand last night…2 does came out early about 5:15 then the bucks started.2 Smaller bucks came out right at the end of good shooting light.Would have been iffy to take either one.Then old granddad came out.It was just too dark to take a good shot.Hopefully I didn’t pressure them too much as I plan to be back in the next couple of days.They are definitely on the move.I saw several on camera as late as 9:30 AM before the time change.

Sat the national forest for 12 hours today in a sort of an oak bottom funnel. Saw very small buck cruising by at 7:10, small doe walk by at 8:45, a cowhorn at 10:45, small doe at 12:30, 2 does winded me at 1:35, then had 2 does feeding near me at 5:30. Was going to try to take one of the does but she got spooked and turned away and left the area. Oh, and it sure got chilly finally.

12 hours in a stand? That’s some dedicated hunting!

Yeah, my back isn’t too happy about it. Not as young as I used to be.

My timing has been real bad. Hunted my food plot tonight with a decoy. Got in stand at 2:30. round 5PM decided to rattle. The moment i made first rattle a buck that was 20 yds from decoy spun around and was gone. If I had waited one more freakin minute he would have been broadside with decoy:unamused:

Hunting, fishing, and poker are my sports. Work when necessary.

Sat in a ground blind with my Daughter yesterday afternoon. We had two Does walk out at 140 yards at 4:10 pm. She raised her rifle up, lined up on them and watched them for a few minutes…I was waiting for the safety to click off. It never happened. I asked her if she was able to make the shot on either of them, and she said " Oh yeah, I could kill either one of them. "

Then she lowered her rifle, and said she just wanted to watch them instead. Only seen a Raccoon after both the Deer walked back into the woods. They don’t know how lucky they were…:smiley:

Tribute to the hunting gods.

I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day