Dehumidifier for rent

Does anyone know of a place where I can rent a dehumidifier to be used in a crawl space?

Sunbelt, United or Hughes rental may have them.

How long do you need it? Those things are cheap to just buy outright…

quote:
Originally posted by blanketorder

I only need it long enough to get the moisture level in the crawl space low enough to pass inspection (probably 2-3 days).
The high humidity outside is causing my duct work to sweat, so I am going to seal off the vents and use the dehumidifier to eliminate the moisture.

Thanks UT_VOLS13, I will give them a call.

Gotcha... Some people put them down there permanently to avoid getting mold... I had one in my last garage and I am about to purchase a new one for my new garage... They work great there for keeping mold off of stuff...

How about let us know what you get. I’ve been thinking about putting one under my house.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

I did one of these a couple of years back.
http://www.amazon.com/Drieaz-F515-Compact-Dehumidifier-Width/dp/B00IJ27MB6/ref=sr_1_2?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1468528433&sr=1-2&keywords=drieaz+dehumidifier

I have a vapor barrier down (just plastic sheeting on the ground, wall to wall tucked in with bricks on edges). Bought/installed crawl space vent covers that attach to the outsides of the vents with some weather stripping around the edges. It took a couple of weeks before the dehumidifier final quit running constantly and began to cycle with humidity. But, once the humidity in the soil under the house and underside of the house itself got reasonably dry, the thing runs fairly infrequently, a couple of hours a day at the most. It has a humidistat, so it senses humidity levels every 15 minutes (I think) and runs when humidity goes up.

The last termite inspection showed the wood under the house to have single digit moisture levels which is quite low. It was starting to separate our hardwood floors a little. So, we turned the target humidity on the machine up a little. Now, things seem to have stabilized.

Should have done it sooner.

17’ Henry O Hornet w/ Johnson 88 spl
26’ Palmer Scott project hull
14’ Bentz-Craft w/ Yamaha 25