Deputies: CWP holder injures Spartanburg Co. night

LYMAN, SC (FOX Carolina) -

Deputies with Spartanburg County said a man faces multiple attempted murder charges after opening fire outside a nightclub early Sunday morning.

The shooting happened around 3:30 a.m. at Playoffz nightclub on Inman Road in Lyman.

Deputies said 32-year-old Jody Ray Thompson pulled out a gun after getting into an argument with another man and fired several rounds toward a crowd that had gathered out in front of the club.

“His rounds struck three victims, and almost struck a fourth victim, who in self-defense, pulled his own weapon and fired, striking Thompson in the leg,” Lt. Kevin Bobo said.

Bobo said the man who shot Thompson has a valid concealed weapons permit, cooperated with investigators, and won’t be facing any charges.

“Thompson was still on the scene when deputies arrived, but the initial scene was chaotic,” Bobo said. “It wasn’t until victims and witnesses were interviewed, and video from the scene was reviewed that Thompson was identified as the suspect.”

Thompson was charged with four counts of attempted murder, possession of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime, and unlawful carrying of a weapon.

Bobo said none of the victims’ injuries were life-threatening.

Thompson is being held at the Spartanburg County Detention Center.

Copyright 2016 FOX Carolina (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

http://www.wistv.com/story/32308903/deputies-man-opened-fire-wounded-several-at-nightclub

That’s one for the good guys…

May all your favorite bands stay together…

Guns and nightclubs? If you are in a night club the chances you are drinking would be high. If you have a CWP, and are carrying, that is a definite no no. I don’t understand why someone would put themselves in that situation.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

This happened outside on the street. From that article there’s no indication that he was in the nightclub…could have been walking his dog, who knows?

May all your favorite bands stay together…

quote:
Originally posted by Long Enuff

Guns and nightclubs? If you are in a night club the chances you are drinking would be high. If you have a CWP, and are carrying, that is a definite no no. I don’t understand why someone would put themselves in that situation.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

So you know he was drinking huh? Maybe he had come to pick someone up. As far as why someone would put himself in that situation, perhaps he wanted to be able to save his ass or someone else’s. But I understand. Lets make it about him instead of the criminal. Liberal agenda.

I wouldn’t go into a night club without one. I have to think that the Orlando shooting would have ended differently if there had been a couple of CCWs in the crowd.

In GA it used to be illegal to carry anywhere alcohol is served. They now made it legal, if the bar serves food and you don’t drink alcohol.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

No 7cs, I am not making it about him and not the criminal. I don’t know for sure he was drinking, and I am certainly not a liberal. Just didn’t think it was a good situation to be in.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

quote:

No 7cs, I am not making it about him and not the criminal. I don’t know for sure he was drinking, and I am certainly not a liberal. Just didn’t think it was a good situation to be in.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

Fair enuff (see what I did there?). I see your point. Im just sick of decent people being vilified for the sake of an agenda. Have a good wknd.

Recall that here in SC it was made legal in 2014 for CWP holders to carry in bars if they aren’t drinking. All sorts of dire predictions were made, but there have been no incidents as far as I know.

What’s amazing to me (not really) is that this made zero national news. If the “good guy” had shot and killed an innocent person, it would have. There is a clear agenda in the MSM.

“You have the right to the pursuit of happiness. You do not have a guarantee that you shall have it.”

quote:
Fair enuff (see what I did there?). I see your point. Im just sick of decent people being vilified for the sake of an agenda. Have a good wknd.

I like that. Have a good weekend yourself.

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

quote:

Pioneer 222 Sportfish
Yamaha 250

I understood where you were going with it. Don’t know the circumstances, but alcohol and guns are a bad mix. ,… if that was the case. for that matter hot tempers and guns are a bad mix.

Crazy thing is I actually think the dude that defended himself should have been a better shot. Just think of all the money taxpayers are going to have to spend on housing, feeding, health care, and “rehabilitating” the criminal.

“If Bruce Jenner can keep his wiener and be called a woman, I can keep my firearms and be considered disarmed.”

Reminds me of a news story in FL when I lived there. Some idiot went into a restaurant about 4pm to rob the place. Yelling, screaming, waving the gun all around, threatening the young lady at the register. Old man in his 80’s stands up, pulls his weapon and tells the idiot to put down his gun. The guy turns the gun on the old man who puts 2 center mass.

On the news interview reporter asked old man if he wished he’d done anything differently. The reporter was definitely hoping for a comment that would support the anti-gun agenda. Old man says “Yeah, I wish I was carrying my 9 instead of this little 22.”

Moral of the story. Don’t screw with old people, they’ve got nothing to lose.

Boat drinks, Waitress I need 2 more boat drinks!

I take back all the mean things I said about you 7cs.

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

You’re just sucking up… 'cause now you know 7cs is packing heat and is gonna pop a cap in your ass at the next oyster toast…

RBF

“Make America Sane Again.”

quote:
Originally posted by PeaPod

Thank you. They did hurt, but I dont dwell on that kind of stuff. Life’s too short. Im just glad we are whole again. Oh, and Im sorry about those ads I put in the personals of Free Times