deveaux banks - north edisto river

can anyone provide information on fishing the deveaux banks. I’ve read that for tarpon and bull reds to fish the east end (ocean side) of the banks. is is easily accessable by boat? Which is the best way to approach it? from the channel north side or from the south edisto side? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The water is real shallow on the ocean side. I’ve never seen any caught in the main channel. but I don’t fish for them. I have friends that fish on the south side and catch tarpon. If you are not familiar, be careful on the east side and there is a sandbar to the left of the channel on the north in front of Seabrook

I’ve heard the ocean side for tarpon. Have you heard what time of the year most people catch the bull reds out there? I’m assuming they move through there the same time as the tarpon because of the bait…

1542 WarEagle
25 Yamaha 2 stroke tiller

Cant’s say from experience. that is why I am trying to get the information on fishing these waters.

Has anyone ever fished inside the tidal pools on the deveaux banks? I was in there several years ago and the fishing was good.?

You have to be careful if you come in from behind the bank as it is shallow all over that area. If you want to fish in that pool, catch one of these higher flood tides and it’s easier and safer to get in there.

Jack Taylor

if i planned on getting there at dead low tide and fishing the incoming. how deep would you recommend I anchor in on the ocean side for tarpon.?

1542 WarEagle
25 Yamaha 2 stroke tiller