Dicks/F&S

Given the relatively recent stance of Dicks Sporting Goods hiring anti 2nd Amendment Lobbyists and the fact that companies like Mossberg and Springfield have severed ties, I’m wondering if any sportsmen here still give their business to Field and Stream or Dicks? I used to but no longer. Curious if you care or not.

Narcosis

I never have. I personally have a better selection of firearms and hunting/fishing gear than Dick’s or F&S and don’t get me started on the lack of knowledgeable associates in both establishments.

“…be a man and PM me.”

No

Haven’t been in there since and will never visit their stores again … Not another penny of my money will they see !!!:slightly_smiling_face:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter
[http://www.militaryappreciationday.org

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

Nope. My guess is the original founders of these stores have stepped down and been taken over by a liberal mindset that hasn’t a clue.

Went in a couple of weeks ago to replace my bottom rod I had broken. They didn’t have squat selection of non-combo rods. Spent no money with them.

“I am constantly amazed at the stupidity of the general public.”
~my dad

Equipment:
2007 Grady White 222 Fisherman / 250 Yamaha
Simrad NSS evo2 and G4
1- 23 boy that won’t move out)
1 - 19 year old (fishing maniac)
1 - wife (The Warden)

ECFC

Back in their earlier days they had a pretty fair selection of gear in the fishing / hunting lines , but as time passed the fishing line seemed to dwindle… Now it appears the whole store is centered around golf , tennis , bikes and so on , everything the snowflakes looking for their safe spaces need…just my compinion as my dad used to say… No matter to me any more , i quit going…:face_with_head_bandage:

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter

When you see “Old Glory” waving in the breeze, know that it is the dying breaths of our fallen hero’s that makes it wave.
author unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Narcosis

Given the relatively recent stance of Dicks Sporting Goods hiring anti 2nd Amendment Lobbyists and the fact that companies like Mossberg and Springfield have severed ties, I’m wondering if any sportsmen here still give their business to Field and Stream or Dicks? I used to but no longer. Curious if you care or not.

Narcosis

Thanks for the info. I never went to either very much and now I won’t ever go.And yes, I care.

The one time I was in Dicks , it looked like a clothing store with athletic shoes and lots of round balls. Its a soccer mom store.

^^^^^^^^^^^I rest my point !!!^^^^^^^^^ right on NB

George McDonald
US Navy Seabees,Retired,
MAD, Charleston Chapter

author unknown

Guess they need to rename it to soccer mom’s store instead of sporting goods. Used to be a good sporting goods store. Now I guess it’s all about profits and politics.

It is a shame Dicks went that way. They started in a very small place in Export PA, not as big as a convienece store. I can remember my Dad, brothers and nephews going there before they went BigStore. The newbies running these places have the founders heads hanging in Shame.

When Dick’s and F&S came together, and realized they have both stores within ~5 miles of each other, they shifted gears and let the sporting goods store focus on sporting goods and the field and stream store focus on the field and the stream…what’s the issue here?

If you want fishing stuff, go to F&S, want soccer ball, go to Dick’s.

As far as spending money there, when I do have an old 20% off coupon that works on EVERYTHING except guns and ammo, and I use it even on sale items to “get one over on them.” The only way I’ll shop there is if I’m hurting them in the wallet a little.

Wadmalaw native
16’ Bentz-Craft Flats Boat

quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

As far as spending money there, when I do have an old 20% off coupon that works on EVERYTHING except guns and ammo, and I use it even on sale items to “get one over on them.” The only way I’ll shop there is if I’m hurting them in the wallet a little.

Wadmalaw native

Whatever makes you feel better but if you think that coupon is “hurting them in the wallet,” you’re sadly mistaken. A compnay wouldn’t knowingly offer a coupon and allow customers to redeem it if they (the company) were going to lose money on it. Why do you think they omit “guns and ammo”? It’s because the profit margins in guns and ammo aren’t as robust as the other high-margin items in the store. I’ve played that retail game for a long time and I assure you, they’re not losing any money when you redeem that coupon, even on “clearance” items.

“…be a man and PM me.”

I’ve spent less than $50 total in Dick’s. Never been overly impressed with their inventory or prices. Mostly athletic apparel. Not where I go for hunting/fishing gear.

“Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It’s Hand”, but really, who cares?

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick

I never have. I personally have a better selection of firearms and hunting/fishing gear than Dick’s or F&S and don’t get me started on the lack of knowledgeable associates in both establishments.

“…be a man and PM me.”

This. I did try to buy a 10/22 from them once, they put me on a hold even with a CWP, came back 4 days later since I’d heard nothing from them, they said it was still on hold. I said you won’t hear anything back, I have a CWP, no need for a hold. I got my money back.

The day before they announced their BS on guns we bought baseball gear for the boys, that is the last time I will ever buy from them.

Mark
Southport 28TE
2X Yamaha F250
Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn’t go so far as to call a dog filthy but they’re definitely dirty. But, a dog’s got personality. Personality goes a long way.

“Life’s tough…It’s even tougher if you’re stupid” John Wayne

On hold with a CWP??? They don’t call that in to NICS. Why does that not surprise me coming from Dick’s. Dick’ should just stick to balls.

“…be a man and PM me.”

quote:
Originally posted by bangstick
quote:
Originally posted by leadenwahboy

Wadmalaw native

Whatever makes you feel better but if you think that coupon is “hurting them in the wallet,” you’re sadly mistaken. A compnay wouldn’t knowingly offer a coupon and allow customers to redeem it if they (the company) were going to lose money on it. Why do you think they omit “guns and ammo”? It’s because the profit margins in guns and ammo aren’t as robust as the other high-margin items in the store. I’ve played that retail game for a long time and I assure you, they’re not losing any money when you redeem that coupon, even on “clearance” items.

“…be a man and PM me.”

It’s a 3 year old coupon for Dick’s that even the Dick’s employees and managers ***** about letting me use.

If I need something NOW, and they have it, sorry. Just the way it is, but as I said, they’re not going to get MSRP off of me on anything.

Wadmalaw native