disposing of old gas?

I have several gallons that I don’t trust in anything internal combustion, looking for the most legal,safest way to dispose off.

thanks

check with your local landfill.

Double D.

For just a couple of gallons, I once put an old coffee can in a safe place in my back yard, filled it and burnt it off! May take you a few days with 1 can, but you can use more than 1!

You must live in a subdivision with close neighbors or something. I know what I’d do with it :smiley: but just call your local fire department and ask. They use old gas for training and will probably come out and pick it up.

Capt. Larry Teuton
Swamp Worshiper

Fire ants love it. I believe most garbage collection sites have a container for it, old paint, and waste motor oil.

Bees Ferry landfill has a fuel recycling tank (I think) So does the Remount road location. If not, I am sure there is a fire ant bed out there or a patch of very persistent weeds that needs ‘watering’.

j

More than a few time I have found someone with a gas tractor or older truck. Put the gas in an almost empty tank, finish filling it with fresh gas. Never seen a problem with it.Now if the gas a tons of water or trash in it that is another story…