Do I need Tax Stamp to

purchase/place a new AR upper on an existing AR lower M-4 , with the new barrel length of 12"??

I’ve been told yes unless on pistol lower with brace. WTH??

Don’t think I’ll pull the trigger on the shorter barrel, pay $200, and wait for months if that’s the case.

Thanks in advance for replies, to keep me legal.

NN

You’re bonafide

I’d rather spend the $200 on a suppressor………………………………….which I am just about to do.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I would just get another lower. A lot of good options out there for braces. Either fixed or adjustable.

Your best bet if you get a silencer / suppressor go through silencer co. I didn't last time and I'm going on a year now..
I am fragile. Not like a flower. But like a bomb.

22 life’s a day

Ordered lower from PSA!

Thanks
NN

Wanna do that as well, Doug.

Not sure which one to get…Will be for AR in 556.

Edit to say; sound reduction is nice, but need for an AR with Night Vision. That flash will screw ya up for a bit.

Any info appreciated. Want quality.

NN

I’m getting one for 9mm platforms right now but, 5.56 and .22 is on my list. I’ll let you know when I start my research on one for 5,56. I hear ya on the flash suppression, NV is no good if you are blinding yourself with muzzle flash. Haven’t done any real research on flash suppressors but, I am sure you can find a wealth of info on the net, pairing up a good NV scope and a flash suppressor.

"Apathy is the Glove into Which Evil Slips It's Hand", but really, who cares?

I’m with Dfreedom on the money for a suppressor. Any we’ve tried a few on the .556 it is helpful, but still gonna want to use ear muffs for a bunch of shooting. From cheap to high quality, Sound deadening pretty close to the same. in the Ar platform the 300 with sub sonics really benefits from a suppressor. As for the best bang for your buck the .22 with sub sonics is less noise than a pellet rifle. With regular rounds if in an open area is very quiet, but if shooting into trees or around structure it can get a little noisy. I’ve notice that with my 10/22 some brands of sub sonics will not cycle, so be aware of that.

This adapter just slips over the barrel of a 10/22 letting you still use the sight. Then I’ve been told you can get a solvent trap to screw on it to help clean the barrel. Just don’t drill a hole in the end of said solvent trap, unless you have a license for it. The Solvent traps even come with baffles.

https://lethaleye.com/products/ruger-10-22-to-1-2-28-thread-adapter-black-oxide-steel

Can’t help on the flash suppressor. Let us know what you find. I’m sure doing some night hog or coyote hunting it would be a big benefit.